The first ribs sandwich in Argentina that went viral on TikTok

Where?

📍7010 Rafael Obligado Av. - Costanera
📍3883 Libertador - Infanta
📍1744 Armenia St - Soho
📍4096 Libertador - Polo

Price: $9900, includes fries.

More info:

I saw that place. My daughter went the other day and said it was very good. She said it was about $10,000 pesos.

It's pork so not even the bayerischen fries justify that money. I'd also question the type of bread they are using, which seems to be like a pebete (a bit sweet and very soft), I think a flauta (the bread used for choripán) would be a better choice. (I love pebete bread, but not for something that has a sweet sauce).

It's pork so not even the bayerischen fries justify that money. I'd also question the type of bread they are using, which seems to be like a pebete (a bit sweet and very soft), I think a flauta (the bread used for choripán) would be a better choice. (I love pebete bread, but not for something that has a sweet sauce).
Agree. I am amazed at the food inflation at some of these places. Pork doesn't cost that much. I really hope that restaurants start to reduce their prices to attract more locals. Many places aren't as busy as before and I wonder at which point restaurant owners figure out it's better to lower their prices and get more business at lower margins vs. potentially going out of business.

Of course now the strategy seems to be to pay influencers to make it go viral but I don't think that is a permanent resolution and only will give a temporary bump. You still have to offer a great produce at a fair price to make it over the long haul which many restaurants don't seem to have figured out.

Don Julio has been masterful about using media and influencers to create demand and now it seems like everyone wants to tap into that. Which I don't think is a positive.

Back