Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink THE MOST FAMOUS AND EXCLUSIVE TEA SERVICE IN BUENOS AIRES🥞🫖🍰- Alvear Palace Hotel

Cariba

Administrator
Staff member
THE MOST FAMOUS AND EXCLUSIVE TEA SERVICE IN BUENOS AIRES - Alvear Palace Hotel

1702936901719.jpeg

"L'Orangerie" stands as the restaurant within one of Argentina's most luxurious and beautiful hotels, the Alvear Palace Hotel.

This Buenos Aires gem captivates with its diverse culinary offerings.

1702937025567.jpeg

A must-try experience is the renowned afternoon tea service, "Alvear Afternoon Tea," served from Wednesday to Sunday. This delightful experience includes a selection of mini chips, finger sandwiches, mini pastries, a choice of mini cake, scones with natural jams from El Bolsón and cream cheese, all accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine per person.

1702937055657.jpeg

What adds to the allure is the flexibility to substitute menu selections with gluten-free or vegan options.

Surrounded by a warm, elegant ambiance bathed in natural light, you can relish the excellent gastronomy that defines this establishment.

1702937078422.jpeg

The setting is truly unparalleled, enhanced even more by the presence of a live pianist, making the occasion extra special.

The cost of the service is $28,000 per person (30 USD). This option appears ideal for special occasions, offering a rare opportunity to dine in a space with impeccable service and outstanding culinary quality.

For those interested, making a reservation in advance is advisable. You can reserve and view the menu through the link provided in the highlights on the hotel's Instagram @alvearpalace.

👉Alvear Palace Hotel IG

I love afternoon tea here. I lived on the same street just a block over and I'd bring many friends and clients here when they were in town. My wife also loves tea so we spent many a weekends here. They do a great job here at this hotel. I've also stayed here many times on previous trips before I moved here. The Alvear Palace will always be the Alvear! It's the place that many movie stars stay when they come.

My wife and I ran into Tom Cruise many years ago when we were there.

Back