Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Thieves getting more aggressive robbing in the middle of the day to cars

Pink Panther

Stay safe out there. As the recession is so bad people are getting more aggressive. Thieves robbed the owner of a car during the day. I haven't seen this sort of thing before and now happening daily.

Sadly when people are desperate and have no other choice this kind of thing will get worse. Poverty rates at all time high. When people have nothing to lose they will resort to this kind of thing. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.

recession has barely begun; there will be 2 years of economic correction, after so many decades of the US intervening in the global economy.

smashed windows and night car burglaries have been common in big USA cities for a decade now....this is why a lot of us are wanting to live outside the US right now :/

A lot of criminal ilegal aliens are now coming to the city. I suspected that we would see this if the Ley Bases passed. These thugs are not doing this because they are desperate and have no other choice. This is one of the many ways the despicable losers are trying to wreak havoc, I have no doubt.
I hope the government can control it. You have to be careful parking your car on the street at night. Some of my friends didn't have a private garage and were ok before but now many of them are getting cars broken into, tires stolen, etc. A private garage is a MUST in CABA now if you have a car.

recession has barely begun; there will be 2 years of economic correction, after so many decades of the US intervening in the global economy.

smashed windows and night car burglaries have been common in big USA cities for a decade now....this is why a lot of us are wanting to live outside the US right now :/
Agree. Things will most likely continue getting worse before they correct. Probably many more companies that will close and more job losses. There aren't enough jobs to go around right now. Keep in mind 120,000+ public sector employees lost their jobs. I don't think many companies are hiring now. Quite the opposite most of my friends that own companies are downsizing now or will soon.

Back