Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

DaisyM

Hello! We're currently in the exciting stages of planning a family vacation, and our sights are set on spending a wonderful 10 days in Buenos Aires. Our delightful 5-year-old daughter will be joining us on this adventure, and we're on the lookout for an array of kid-friendly activities to keep her entertained. As our vacation is scheduled for the month of January, we're particularly interested in discovering engaging and enjoyable experiences suitable for young ones during this time. Any recommendations or insights into family-friendly activities in Buenos Aires for a 10-day stay would be immensely helpful and appreciated!

Hello! We're currently in the exciting stages of planning a family vacation, and our sights are set on spending a wonderful 10 days in Buenos Aires. Our delightful 5-year-old daughter will be joining us on this adventure, and we're on the lookout for an array of kid-friendly activities to keep her entertained. As our vacation is scheduled for the month of January, we're particularly interested in discovering engaging and enjoyable experiences suitable for young ones during this time. Any recommendations or insights into family-friendly activities in Buenos Aires for a 10-day stay would be immensely helpful and appreciated!
A few months ago I was there with my wife and my 7 year old daughter, who was very happy and enjoyed a lot of fun places, here are a few of them:

We really love this place https://www.mpc.org.ar/home.htm. It's a science museum for kids, but your daughter might be too young yet to go. You also have the kids' museum, which is perfect for her age! They have a market, a bank, a gas station, and a lot of different kid-sized places for the little ones to play: http://www.museoabasto.org.ar/.

Also, pretty much every park has a typical Argentinian carousel (calesita), and kids love it! She'll have fun there. You can see where these "calesitas" are:

If you visit the Museo del Abasto and find yourself hungry, don't worry! Being in a shopping center, they have a food court where you can enjoy a variety of options.

If you're up for a little adventure, you might also consider visiting Parque de la Costa. It's a bit outside Buenos Aires, but by car, it's a quick and easy trip. Your daughter might enjoy the amusement park and attractions there.

1701185595718.jpeg1701185616225.jpeg1701185643380.jpeg1701185671849.jpeg1701185714086.jpeg

Enjoy your time in Buenos Aires! 😊

Depending on where you stay, there are fantastic parks full of beautiful playground equipment and places to play ball—perfect for letting your daughter run off some steam. One notable spot is the Ecoparque, located at 2601, Sarmiento st. It used to be the old zoo and offers a unique experience.

Additionally, you have the wonderful option of visiting the Jardín Japonés in Palermo. This Japanese garden is a tranquil oasis in the heart of the city, featuring serene ponds, traditional bridges, and beautiful cherry blossoms when in season.

And, of course, there's the traditional ice cream experience! Gelato shops are everywhere, offering a delightful treat for both you and your daughter.

Keep in mind that Porteños (people from Buenos Aires) are baby lovers. Don't be surprised if people stop to chat with your daughter—they love interacting with little ones.

Hope you have an amazing time exploring Buenos Aires with your daughter!

Wow! Thank you so much for all these incredible recommendations! I'm excited to explore all these wonderful places in Buenos Aires with my daughter.
Thanks again for making our trip even more special! 😊🌟

These are all great suggestions. 2 of my kids were born in Buenos Aires. And we've been going to Buenos Aires each year except for during COVID as Argentina had a brutal lockdown. In addition to these suggestions, you can go to Bosques de Palermo/ Rosedal and there is a lake in the middle you can rent row boats. You can take a boat ride in Nordelta, there is an arcade at the top floor at the Paseo al Corta shopping mall as well as a playground. The food court up there is massive now too with some good places.

They will love San Telmo on a Sunday afternoon as there is tons of stuff to buy for kids. El Ateneo Grand Splendid bookstore (one of the largest bookstores in the world), on the weekends in Recoleta there are tons of booths set up and many kids stuff.

Many of the stuff adults like to do in Buenos Aires kids will like too. Like taking a stroll through Puerto Madero and crossing over the bridge and taking photos. There are tons of parks with playgrounds. My kids favorite was Parque Vicente Lopez in Recoleta that has tons of playgrounds and slides and stuff.

Here is a list as well of stuff to do with kids - https://travelmamas.com/buenos-aires-with-kids-teens/

Have fun!

Back