Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Time Magazine - 100 Extraordinary Places to visit in the world include 2 places in Argentina

Vero

A hotel in Buenos Aires and a destination in Argentina, among the 100 best places to visit, according to Time magazine​

Tine Magazine announces it's list of 100 extraordinary places to visit around the world and two places in Argentina make the list.

English Version

I have stayed at the Casa Lucia hotel when it was the Sofitel hotel. It was very nice but from what I understand they did a multi-million dollar renovation and now its much better but probably out of my price range now.

I have not been to the Iberá Natural Reserve but would love to check it out after reading this.

Someone told me about Ibera but they're the type that loves to recommend things no one else does (usually for a reason). I looked it up and the whole place basically burned a few years ago, tons of animals died. Also looks like you need a guide to experience the best parts otherwise it's just a big flat marshy place. Could be wrong but I was not tempted at all to go there.

I have stayed at the Casa Lucia hotel when it was the Sofitel hotel. It was very nice but from what I understand they did a multi-million dollar renovation and now its much better but probably out of my price range now.

I have not been to the Iberá Natural Reserve but would love to check it out after reading this.
I too have stayed at the Sofitel hotel many many years ago. It was nice but nothing too luxurious. Rates were reasonable.

Someone told me about Ibera but they're the type that loves to recommend things no one else does (usually for a reason). I looked it up and the whole place basically burned a few years ago, tons of animals died. Also looks like you need a guide to experience the best parts otherwise it's just a big flat marshy place. Could be wrong but I was not tempted at all to go there.
@CraigM I have never been to Ibera nor know anyone else that has either.

We all have that type of friend. I've never been to Ibera nor have any desire to. It might be a cool experience but I can think of far better places that Time Magazine could have listed for Argentina. Calafate and seeing the massive glaciers was one of the coolest experiences in Argentina that I've ever done. Very unique and I'd certainly add that place above Ibera. I'm not sure what Time's selection process is like.

I also stayed at the Sofitel hotel there a few times on early trips to Buenos Aires. It's on one of the most gorgeous streets of Buenos Aires. They used to have a great restaurant there too. I haven't been to its replacement but it's probably really good and worth a visit. I'll try it in October.

I'm not so sure this Ibera should be on the list. I asked my girlfriend and her family and her friends and none of them have visited it. Sounds like maybe some reporter happened to go there and like it and now thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

We all have that type of friend. I've never been to Ibera nor have any desire to. It might be a cool experience but I can think of far better places that Time Magazine could have listed for Argentina. Calafate and seeing the massive glaciers was one of the coolest experiences in Argentina that I've ever done. Very unique and I'd certainly add that place above Ibera. I'm not sure what Time's selection process is like.

I also stayed at the Sofitel hotel there a few times on early trips to Buenos Aires. It's on one of the most gorgeous streets of Buenos Aires. They used to have a great restaurant there too. I haven't been to its replacement but it's probably really good and worth a visit. I'll try it in October.
So true, we all have that type of friend!

Back