Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Tips for International Students to Integrate into Local Life in Buenos Aires

Raimond M

My daughter has just arrived in Buenos Aires to spend a semester abroad with a university from the USA. She has quite a bit of travel experience and is fairly self-sufficient, so she will surely explore the local attractions. However, I was wondering if there is anything in particular you would recommend for her to go beyond tourism and start integrating more into local life and getting to know people here. She will be taking more Spanish classes and could really benefit from practicing the language; are there any language exchange groups or something similar? Although the school will organize activities, there is always the risk of staying in a bubble of American students. Any recommendation or idea you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a thread with Duolingo info on days, times, and locations, hope it helps!

Buenos Aires offers a lot of activities, many of which are free. Just check out this website for more details:

Duolingo is the best option for her. She'll meet people from different countries and also many locals. The atmosphere is great, and the vibe is really friendly. I've made friends there that I still keep in touch with.

1724946412829.png

Back