Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Tourism will generate 1.5 million jobs in Argentina in 2024

Vince

Wow these statistics are staggering. I always knew tourism was very important for Argentina. It will help it get out of this economic mess. This report says by the end of this year tourism will account for 11% of total jobs in the entire country.

Hopefully this road tour of Milei will not only increase investments from multi-national companies but also get more tourists here.

Wow! That is great. My friend living there said it seems like tourism is slowing down the past few months. She said restaurants and cafes aren't as busy as before. Not sure if this has to do with prices going up.

I'm not sure about the last few months but January and February all were higher than last year. I think the numbers lag behind a few months. I don't necessarily think you can judge how busy restaurants with how much tourism there is because many of those restaurants are locals and many locals are cutting back now on dining out.

Most of the tourists are from neighboring countries like Brazil, Chile and Uruguay.

Numbers are all up.

Back