Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Tourist Bus

Cariba

Administrator
Staff member
Discover Buenos Aires from the Tourist Bus

Tour and get to know the City of Buenos Aires in a comfortable way and with the advantage of audio guides in different languages.

1704738919247.png

Tourist Bus

When and how?
Yellow bus
Days and hours: every day, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Frequency: every 30 minutes.
From 596, Quintana Av., Recoleta.
More information and tickets: buenosairesbus.com

Red bus
Days and hours: every day, from 9 am to 7 pm.
Frequency: every 30 minutes.
From 728 Roque Sáenz Peña diagonal, San Nicolás.
More information and tickets: buenosairescitybus.com

Every day, you can get on the yellow bus or the red bus and tour Buenos Aires on two different circuits with which you will make the most of your time in the City.

This service has the hop-on hop-off mode, which allows you, within the duration of your ticket - there are 24 or 48 hour passes - to get off and get back on as many times as you want and at any of the stops.

The buses run every 30 minutes and the rides last approximately 3 hours. They will take you through the most emblematic areas of Buenos Aires and, something essential is that when you get on, you will receive a pair of headphones through which you will be able to follow an audio guide (available in Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Russian). This will make you know the details and curiosities of each attraction.

Get ready to take the best images of the heart of Buenos Aires, with panoramic views of historical places and cultural spaces. Also, to bring you a great experience of unique neighborhoods. In addition, these vehicles take care of the environment: they run only on biodiesel.

Some of the points that you will be able to visit are Plaza Congreso, Avenida de Mayo, Paseo de la Historieta, San Telmo, La Bombonera, La Boca y Caminito, Costanera Sur, Puerto Madero, Galerías Pacífico, Plaza San Martín, Parque Thays and the Floralis Genérica, the MALBA, the Planetarium, the Monument of the Spanish and the Museum of Fine Arts.

More accessibility​

The buses are accessible to people with motor disabilities and have a sign language story from the tourist guide that you can see on the screens.
If you have a certificate of disability (CUD), you do not need to get a ticket because just by showing it and presenting your identity document, you will be able to board for free at any of the stops. If your CUD clarifies “with companion”, you can go up with another person, both free of charge.

Attractions of the yellow route​

Recoleta, Columbus Theatre, May Avenue, Congress Square, Cartoon Walk, Dorrego Square, The Bombonera, Walkway, Lezama Park, Women's Bridge, Ecological Reserve, Pacific Galleries, av. 9 de Julio, St. Martin's Square, Thays Park, MALBA, Planetarium, Italian Square, Julio Cortazar Square, Arcos District, Palermo Forests, Monument of the Spaniards and National Museum of Fine Arts.

👉Tickets ticket online.

Attractions of the red route​

Diagonal Norte, Plaza del Congreso, Paseo de la Historieta, Plaza Dorrego, Usina del Arte, La Bombonera, Caminito, Costanera Sur, Puerto Madero, Retiro, Plaza San Martín, Floralis Genérica, MALBA, Planetarium, Monument to Christopher Columbus, Parque de Memory, El Monumental, Chinatown, Argentine Polo Field, Monument of the Spanish, National Museum of Decorative Art, Recoleta and Teatro Colón.

👉Tickets ticket online.

This tour features the Hop On Hop Off system.

What is a Hop On Hop Off?​

Technically Hop on Hop off means that passengers can get on and off the tour bus at any of their stops as many times as they wish to do so.

👉Tickets are available from 25 USD, depending on the pack of days you wish to purchase.

Thank you @Cariba for nice post. You always post good information on BA. All my foreigner friends love this bus. I tell them maybe they can see better the places on their own. It not difficult but they like the audio explanation on bus. I never take this tour.

Thanks Cariba! I took the red bus (Gray Line) and it was fine. I bought the two day ticket (48 hours) for $30 since it was only $5 more than a one day ticket and it worked out well for me. That was plenty of time to see a lot of the city.

Thanks Cariba! I took the red bus (Gray Line) and it was fine. I bought the two day ticket (48 hours) for $30 since it was only $5 more than a one day ticket and it worked out well for me. That was plenty of time to see a lot of the city.
That is wonderful. What was your favorite thing of my city you like from the bus tour?

Where do I start? I love it here in BA. As far as the bus tour is concerned it's a great way to easily visit different parts of the city. Then you can explore the different areas as you wish.
I always so happy foreigners love my country so much. This makes me very proud.
Great video of bus route and tour
Thanks for sharing such a good video. I will send for my friends to watch. They always want me to be the tour guide when they come to BA!

Back