Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Uptown Bar - Excellent ambiance and drinks

Don Jorge

The ambiance, music, and vibe of the place truly stand out; it feels like you're in a New York subway car! The service is very good and friendly.

As for the food, it's tasty, but the menu is somewhat limited. On the other hand, the drink menu is extensive and offers some really good options, at least from what we tried. The waitstaff is helpful in guiding you through the drink choices, given the wide selection.

It's a great place to visit for the excellent atmosphere. A tip: if you plan to have dinner, it's advisable to make a reservation. However, if you're just stopping by for some great drinks, no reservation is needed.

Also, the cocktails cost from $3000 and up.

1703096897696.png1703096933032.png

so about $3.50 USD per drink, and what were the food prices like in Palermo Hollywood?
I go there with my friend from work. It more than 3,000 pesos per drink. I get a beer and it was 5,000 pesos. My friend get a mixed drink and I think she pay 5,500 pesos. This few weeks ago. They have food but I think most people like us go for drinks and atmosphere. I never eat there before. Just drinks.

This is a super cool place. I like to go on the weekends and eat at La Mar next door which is fabulous! And then head to Uptown for drinks. It's really cool like you're going down in a NYC subway station. Enter an actual subway and then the door opens and you're in a bar! Really cool. I'm not sure how they did that subway doors but it's cool.

This is a super cool place. I like to go on the weekends and eat at La Mar next door which is fabulous! And then head to Uptown for drinks. It's really cool like you're going down in a NYC subway station. Enter an actual subway and then the door opens and you're in a bar! Really cool. I'm not sure how they did that subway doors but it's cool.
I agree @Bobbie Burgers . Hubby and I do the same thing for a special occasion. La Mar is quite expensive these days. But when we have out of town guests we take them here and they think it's the coolest thing.

Back