Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

USA Town Hall for American Citizens living in Buenos Aires - Ambassador Marc Stanley

lemonade

The U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires is pleased to invite USA citizens to attend a town hall meeting with Ambassador Marc Stanley on June 12th at 17:00.  Ambassador Stanley will discuss U.S. government priorities in Argentina, and the embassy's work, and will answer your questions. The event will also include a brief overview of U.S. citizen consular services, and consular staff will provide voting information and answer individual questions.

June 12, 2024
5 PM to 7 PM
Bosch Palace - https://maps.app.goo.gl/8ah6c3gaAMfvqW9h9

Schedule of event:
17:00- U.S. Citizen Services Information Session
18:00- Ambassador Stanley Remarks

Please note attendance is on a first-come basis and is limited. Please RSVP here.  

You will be contacted to confirm that you have been registered to attend.  Every participant must register.  Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate "plus ones" and non-registered guests will not be allowed entry.

The U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires is pleased to invite USA citizens to attend a town hall meeting with Ambassador Marc Stanley on June 12th at 17:00.  Ambassador Stanley will discuss U.S. government priorities in Argentina, and the embassy's work, and will answer your questions. The event will also include a brief overview of U.S. citizen consular services, and consular staff will provide voting information and answer individual questions.

Will transcripts be posted to the embassy's site? I won't be able to attend.

Will transcripts be posted to the embassy's site? I won't be able to attend.
I am not able to go either. I have never been to one. I don't believe they post a transcript but I will email the US Embassy to ask them. Maybe they are doing it because there have been so many visits by US officials since Milei was elected including some Military officials. Maybe they are getting many questions from Americans about this. I thought it was nice they would take time to do it.

I find they typically do these a few months before a vote and try to get people to vote. This year the election will be very close so they are probably using this as an excuse to get out the vote.

I find they typically do these a few months before a vote and try to get people to vote. This year the election will be very close so they are probably using this as an excuse to get out the vote.
Larry is right. They usually do these on an election year. I've never see them market it as discussing government priorities in Argentina but with President Milei taking over there is a big change. I went many years ago and they also explained how to renew your passport but much of it was explaining how to vote and when.

Thank you all. That seems to make sense. I was watching CNN yesterday and saw Robert Deniro raving like a lunatic. It seems like the Democrats arranged it. Some of the same security staff was there. Guess they are trying to get out the vote.

Back