Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Economy What are Argentinians doing to survive this economic crisis?

CecilM

Argentines are pawning their family jewels to get by. Every day, hundreds are selling their jewelry at gold dealers as a last resort to cope with the economic crisis. It's sad that people have to resort to this just to make ends meet.

I've noticed that circular fashion is becoming a new trend in Argentina. With this trend, many Argentinians are facing the economic crisis in a creative and sustainable way. By recycling, repairing, and reusing clothes, you can maintain your style without spending too much. There are clothing showrooms all over the country at different levels, and I've also seen many of these places in CABA.

Some offer major brands, but since the clothes are used, they are much more affordable. Additionally, you can sell clothes in good condition that you no longer use or buy high-quality clothing. I recently passed by a lovely place in Palermo that also offers online sales. (I believe this practice was formerly known as "American Fair"). It's great to see how this more sustainable practice is being adopted to cope with the crisis. Argentinians always know how to move forward.

I've noticed that circular fashion is becoming a new trend in Argentina. With this trend, many Argentinians are facing the economic crisis in a creative and sustainable way. By recycling, repairing, and reusing clothes, you can maintain your style without spending too much. There are clothing showrooms all over the country at different levels, and I've also seen many of these places in CABA.

Some offer major brands, but since the clothes are used, they are much more affordable. Additionally, you can sell clothes in good condition that you no longer use or buy high-quality clothing. I recently passed by a lovely place in Palermo that also offers online sales. (I believe this practice was formerly known as "American Fair"). It's great to see how this more sustainable practice is being adopted to cope with the crisis. Argentinians always know how to move forward.

This is a great concept.

Back