Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Where is the best place to buy CHURROS in BA?

candy

Hello everyone!

I've heard that the porteños are crazy about churros, I've read that they are very delicious and that they eat them all the time so I would like to know where I can get them and which ones are the best! I listen to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have been to a place called Saint Gines, in a beautiful market located in Retiro and believe me the experience of tasting churros was great, I did not think I was going to like it so much, that day I had a snack instead of churros with chocolate and I also bought to take away.

I leave you the instagram of the place if you want to go:

CHURRERIA EL TOPO

The classic of the porteños

1701887835289.jpeg

The churrería par excellence since 1968 is "Churreria El Topo" is the classic of the porteños, its options are to take away.

The churro chain El Topo was born in Villa Gesell more than 50 years ago and in 2009 made the leap to the Buenos Aires territory, where it projects more openings. One of its main triggers was its digital communication work. But the history of the brand emerged from a series of failures.

The novelty is that they have expanded to the vegan community by making churros without fat or milk in the dough, the fillings are also vegan. They added options with hummus, almond jam, quince and sweet potato. The menu became more inclusive.

A standout feature of Churrería El Topo is their innovative approach to diversity of options. In addition to offering a wide variety of churros with different fillings and flavors, they have expanded their reach into the vegan community. Now, not only do they provide churros without fat or milk in the dough, but they also offer completely vegan fillings. The inclusion of options such as hummus, almond paste, quince and sweet potato has significantly enriched their menu, making it more accessible and welcoming to a wider audience.

What is fascinating is the fact that on its website, Churrería El Topo has openly shared all of its recipes. This level of transparency not only reflects their commitment to authenticity, but also allows lovers of their products to discover the secrets behind their delicious churros. By providing access to the recipes, the churrería not only shares its culinary art, but also fosters a connection with its audience, inviting them to explore and recreate these delicacies in their own homes. This initiative adds an interactive and educational element to the dining experience, cementing the relationship between Churrería El Topo and its followers.

1701888102201.jpeg

📍Location: 1784 Malabia St, Palermo

📍Location: 906, Manuel Ricardo Trelles, Plaza Irlanda

📍Location: 4682, Constituyentes Av., Villa Pueyrredon

Enjoy your churro tasting experience!

Back