Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

400 different bus lines on strike today - Beware

Pink Panther

Beware that 400 different bus lines are on strike since midnight. Bus drivers are on strike throughout the Buenos Aires metropolitan area. I'm not sure how you now which lines are affected. Not all lines are affected. There are about 60 that are still operating I saw on the news but just keep this in mind if you travel by buses. This will affect 9 million passengers. The UTA union began a strike to force companies to pay demanded increases in salary. The workers want a base salary of 987,000 pesos.

How long is it supposed to last?, many people today could not get to their jobs...this is a disaster! according to what I read it is a problem between the unions and the companies, but as always people get caught in the middle of these conflicts. I hope they solve it soon.

I have read in Infobae that the bus strike will continue until the UTA drivers receive the salary increase, that the companies owe them, deposited in their bank accounts.

"the retention of tasks of UTA drivers in the AMBA will be maintained until the salary increases are deposited"

I have read in Infobae that the bus strike will continue until the UTA drivers receive the salary increase, that the companies owe them, deposited in their bank accounts.

"the retention of tasks of UTA drivers in the AMBA will be maintained until the salary increases are deposited"
I don't think in reality a strike can go that long with all those bus lines. Our maid couldn't come in to work today due to this. Unfortunately a fact of life here in Argentina and something tells me things will get worse with strikes with all of this inflation in the price of bills.

Back