Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer A Serb in Buenos Aires

@ognjen yes!! we need actual data on this process! there hasn't been a confirmed successful outcome of illegal-overstaying-to-citizenship-and-passport so far that i know of, on this forum and the old censored forum. you could be the first!

i'm tracking the credit card "MEP" rate (not sure how it would apply to you if your cards are from Serbia) on www.x.com/ArgentinaMEP if it will help you

and if you want to read your lawyer's posts, he posted A LOT in 2019 and was calling people 'retards' and making some crazy claims! https://baexpats.org/threads/rapi-others-banned.41476/page-7

his favorite word if you read enough, is "Serf" (sometimes "slave" and "Roman law") https://baexpats.org/threads/resident-driving-a-non-argentinian-car.41335/post-369841

@ognjen yes!! we need actual data on this process! there hasn't been a confirmed successful outcome of illegal-overstaying-to-citizenship-and-passport so far that i know of, on this forum and the old censored forum. you could be the first!

i'm tracking the credit card "MEP" rate (not sure how it would apply to you if your cards are from Serbia) on www.x.com/ArgentinaMEP if it will help you

and if you want to read your lawyer's posts, he posted A LOT in 2019 and was calling people 'retards' and making some crazy claims! https://baexpats.org/threads/rapi-others-banned.41476/page-7

his favorite word if you read enough, is "Serf" (sometimes "slave" and "Roman law") https://baexpats.org/threads/resident-driving-a-non-argentinian-car.41335/post-369841
I agree it is good for people that have been around and done business quite a bit in Buenos Aires which he has. I just don't know anyone that has used him. From the past it seemed like mostly illegal Chinese that were using him. I'm just wondering why if expats were successful, they wouldn't post a testimonial or something? It would be great if someone can do that and if so, I'm sure he would get a lot more business.

I told a friend last year about him and directed him to his website but my friend thought he had long since gone out of business as the website he said was from the 90s?

Regarding lawyer, I'll keep you updated but nothing is going to change for me for at least 1 more year, so we'll see hah.

And thanks Jenn!
Yep that sounds like a long process so I hope to read your experience after you get it. I think part of the problem of the no testimonials is many I don't think can speak English well maybe. I'm not sure. Usually when someone has a multi decade record there is a bunch of stuff in the media or online but Argentina is a different beast! Many times when people have success at something they don't want anyone to duplicate the success. Strange.

I agree it is good for people that have been around and done business quite a bit in Buenos Aires which he has. I just don't know anyone that has used him. From the past it seemed like mostly illegal Chinese that were using him. I'm just wondering why if expats were successful, they wouldn't post a testimonial or something? It would be great if someone can do that and if so, I'm sure he would get a lot more business.

I told a friend last year about him and directed him to his website but my friend thought he had long since gone out of business as the website he said was from the 90s?
What exactly do you mean by illegal Chinese?? If he was able to get citizenship for them, then I would think expats would be just as if not more successful. It's been a while since I looked, but IIRC he(bajo) posted on the old forum a few success stories.

What exactly do you mean by illegal Chinese?? If he was able to get citizenship for them, then I would think expats would be just as if not more successful. It's been a while since I looked, but IIRC he(bajo) posted on the old forum a few success stories.
I didn't mean anything negative or derogatory by it. When I say illegal I mean people that probably entered on a tourist visa and just overstayed for years. To me that is the definition of an illegal. I just recall that many years ago there were many Chinese clients. Sure if he was successful I would say that is great. I recall one or two people that said they used him but not many so I am not sure.

I have different political views than he does but I respect anyone that has been in business for Argentina more than 10 years.

for those also considering Rubilar, who have no way of getting DNI/Temporary Residency (a very small % of Expats), here's another thread for nuance:

for those also considering Rubilar, who have no way of getting DNI/Temporary Residency (a very small % of Expats), here's another thread for nuance:

Wow that sounds like a lot of zombie cases! What I would think twice is just the lack of success stories online. I might read the occasional post but for someone being around for so long, in my mind there should be more testimonials or positive posts. But that is just me.

Wow that sounds like a lot of zombie cases! What I would think twice is just the lack of success stories online. I might read the occasional post but for someone being around for so long, in my mind there should be more testimonials or positive posts. But that is just me.
Even some success stories sound like they have taken many years. I just visited the website and I would have thought the business went out of business in the late 90's if I was judging based on the website. :ROFLMAO:

But it says that 28 cases were won in 2024 so far.

Back