Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Alberto's Lobby Bar, Puerto Madero

AlexHund

Excellent place, wonderful atmosphere, warm, entertaining, delicious food, good drinks and good music, and the attention, the best, Olivia and Martin concerned and attentive, thank you !!!! We will be back!

Alberto's Lobby Bar combines high ceilings with sculptures by renowned artist Edgardo Madanes and the fusion of Argentine and international cuisine. El Faro Restaurant is built around the wine cellar and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner.

1702297567468.png

We popped in, in October to see some friends staying at the Hilton and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there . Drinks and food all good. The bar staff and waiters were excellent.
I agree with you @GlasgowJohn and @AlexHund ! Thanks for taking the time to post about this place. I really think the Food section of this website will be increasingly important heading into the future. Once the membership builds up to a critical level (could take a year or more) then I will possibly work out some discount at all the restaurants in Buenos Aires by giving a discount code or password to get a savings/discount. The more people post food and drink reports, the quicker that will happen.

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Puerto Madero for a staycation in July 2023. I have the Aspire American Express card and it includes a free night each year. I almost forgot about it and it was going to expire so I rushed to use it during our stay. It was a great redemption as the room they gave us was about $450 USD per night. A HUGE suite.

As @GlasgowJohn mentioned, the staff there were so very friendly and all smiles. The drinks were really great too. We both are not in Puerto Madero too much but it was an enjoyable few hours there.

I agree with you @GlasgowJohn and @AlexHund ! Thanks for taking the time to post about this place. I really think the Food section of this website will be increasingly important heading into the future. Once the membership builds up to a critical level (could take a year or more) then I will possibly work out some discount at all the restaurants in Buenos Aires by giving a discount code or password to get a savings/discount. The more people post food and drink reports, the quicker that will happen.

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Puerto Madero for a staycation in July 2023. I have the Aspire American Express card and it includes a free night each year. I almost forgot about it and it was going to expire so I rushed to use it during our stay. It was a great redemption as the room they gave us was about $450 USD per night. A HUGE suite.

As @GlasgowJohn mentioned, the staff there were so very friendly and all smiles. The drinks were really great too. We both are not in Puerto Madero too much but it was an enjoyable few hours there.
Wow, I didn't realize the Hilton there in Puerto Madero was so much. That is a good tip about the free night certificate. I also have that credit card. Most years I forget about the $400 in Resort credit for Resort hotels. But the free night each year alone makes it worth it. @earlyretirement does the Hilton in Puerto Madero have a Club Lounge? Could you use it as a Diamond member?

Wow, I didn't realize the Hilton there in Puerto Madero was so much. That is a good tip about the free night certificate. I also have that credit card. Most years I forget about the $400 in Resort credit for Resort hotels. But the free night each year alone makes it worth it. @earlyretirement does the Hilton in Puerto Madero have a Club Lounge? Could you use it as a Diamond member?
The price of the Hilton depends very much on occupancy - you can pick up a room for $200 when it is not very busy. In April, I paid 185, but that was a conference rate - guys at the same conference who didn't book early ended up paying 450.

There is a club lounge where you can have a serene breakfast ( compared to downstairs which can get busy).

Afternoon drinks and snacks are OK, but nothing to get excited about.

The rates are all over the place there. I have friends or clients that stay there because they have meetings downtown and don't want to fight traffic. I actually do NOT like Puerto Madero to live in. Sure, it's pristine and clean but before just right after the corralito when prices were reasonable there, I haven't bought anything in that area for a long, long time and never will at those prices. Some buildings are up to $5,500+ per sq. meter. That is insane to me. I'd much rather have a great apartment in Recoleta or Palermo. Puerto Madero IS the safest area but it just doesn't feel like Buenos Aires to me. It lacks the heart and soul of Buenos Aires to me.

Rates can vary wildly. I almost never see it less than $225 US a night or so. But if you book early I've seen it around $200 - $225. But other times friends told me they paid $500 US a night! (Their employers paid for it).

Yes, the Hilton in Puerto Madero DOES have a Club Lounge. It's on the top floor. They have a happy hour at night with some free drinks and wines. There isn't a huge selection of wines or alcohol but the service is really nice. They have light snacks but honestly nothing too big of a spread. BA has such amazing restaurants I wouldn't fill up on any of that food. It's frequented by a lot of businessmen and tourists that don't know any better or know the neighborhoods well.

Of course, Diamond members have free access to it.

The price of the Hilton depends very much on occupancy - you can pick up a room for $200 when it is not very busy. In April, I paid 185, but that was a conference rate - guys at the same conference who didn't book early ended up paying 450.

There is a club lounge where you can have a serene breakfast ( compared to downstairs which can get busy).

Afternoon drinks and snacks are OK, but nothing to get excited about.
@GlasgowJohn,

Yes, I just mentioned this above. I didn't see your post. You are spot on target. The lowest I have seen it is about $200 US /night. But that was off season. I have a lot of clients that go to Buenos Aires for work and their meetings are in the Puerto Madero area so they just stay there as they don't want to fight traffic. Plus, they are mostly there to work and already been to Buenos Aires many times so they don't want to commute. They mostly have business meetings all day and then entertaining at night.

If they see their "novias" they just make the girls come to them so they don't have to fight traffic.

It's exactly as you mentioned, many times they are paying $450 to $500/US a night but they just expense it to their companies. NO way those rooms there are worth $450/night. I stayed in a top suite and I asked the guy at the desk what the rate was on that suite and it was almost $500 US a night but it was off season. It was July when it was cold and not too much tourism. I'm not sure how expensive that would go during high season.

Yes, what you said about the Club is also spot on target. I have met many clients up there in the Club Longe and it's nice as it's large and we will chat and meet up but as you mentioned, nothing to get excited about. @GlasgowJohn , thanks for participating in this forum. Can I ask how you found out about the forum?

We popped in, in October to see some friends staying at the Hilton and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there . Drinks and food all good. The bar staff and waiters were excellent.
Agreed! Always top-notch service here. TripAdvisor ranks this as a "Traveler's Choice" winner. Great drinks every time I go. A bit on the expensive side.

Bravo. Yes I stopped in here when my friends were staying at the Hilton. Very good drinks and friendly staff that always have smiles. We stop in when we go down to Puerto Madero.

@GlasgowJohn,

Yes, I just mentioned this above. I didn't see your post. You are spot on target. The lowest I have seen it is about $200 US /night. But that was off season. I have a lot of clients that go to Buenos Aires for work and their meetings are in the Puerto Madero area so they just stay there as they don't want to fight traffic. Plus, they are mostly there to work and already been to Buenos Aires many times so they don't want to commute. They mostly have business meetings all day and then entertaining at night.

If they see their "novias" they just make the girls come to them so they don't have to fight traffic.

It's exactly as you mentioned, many times they are paying $450 to $500/US a night but they just expense it to their companies. NO way those rooms there are worth $450/night. I stayed in a top suite and I asked the guy at the desk what the rate was on that suite and it was almost $500 US a night but it was off season. It was July when it was cold and not too much tourism. I'm not sure how expensive that would go during high season.

Yes, what you said about the Club is also spot on target. I have met many clients up there in the Club Longe and it's nice as it's large and we will chat and meet up but as you mentioned, nothing to get excited about. @GlasgowJohn , thanks for participating in this forum. Can I ask how you found out about the forum?
So funny you mention this as my friend said each time he stays for works the rates are vastly different each time but it must be occupancy rates based on when they have conferences there. The hotel the times I have gone has been very very full with people.

Back