Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Another scandal in the government?

Neal

Sometimes I wonder if Milei's government has any advisors. We all know that the dictatorship era is the darkest period in Argentine history: deaths, torture, disappearances, stolen babies, and more. How is it possible that the deputies from La Libertad Avanza are seen visiting former repressors? It's clear that this is seen as an act of support for the dictatorship, and it's a very sensitive issue for society. This also hurts Milei’s image; they should think twice and avoid these kinds of actions.

Martin Menem said that the decision of those six deputies does not represent the Government or the bloc, but I believe it negatively affects Milei's image.

According to Patricia Bullrich, the visit wasn’t wrong, but I believe this action disturbs the public. For many, those individuals are seen as murderers and accomplices of the darkest period in Argentina's history. Now, a bill has been introduced to expel the deputies responsible for the visit from Congress, as their actions have been widely condemned, even by members of their own party.

1721684162026.jpeg

Back