Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Another Strike at Aeroparque

legend

I think privatizing Aerolíneas Argentinas might be a solution to these recurring union issues. It could lead to better management, more efficiency, and less political influence, which might help fix some of the ongoing problems. Of course, it’s important to balance improving operations with keeping flights accessible and affordable for passengers.

My cousin was supposed to travel today, but luckily this issue is only at Aeroparque. Everything is running normally at Ezeiza.

I think privatizing Aerolíneas Argentinas might be a solution to these recurring union issues. It could lead to better management, more efficiency, and less political influence, which might help fix some of the ongoing problems. Of course, it’s important to balance improving operations with keeping flights accessible and affordable for passengers.
Definitely it sounds like privatizing Aerolineas Argentina is a good option. I'm just not sure there would be anyone interested if they can't even make it with tons of government support. Also I just read another thread that said consumption is worst than during covid. Are people still flying around much in Argentina?

Another strike at Aeroparque, and once again, chaos due to cancellations... It's time they resolve their internal issues and stop holding passengers hostage.

It seems like the airport strikes are never-ending. Another strike is planned for tomorrow, but the good news is that the government has started imposing fines.

They should fire all of these Aerolineas employees and just start all over. There are plenty of people that would take their jobs. I read today that the Aerolineas Argentinas pilots and their family members were able to pre-reserve award business class tickets free up to 45 days in advance. Now they can only get a seat if there are seats available when the aircraft is taking off. This should help the airline save $20 million USD per year.

They should fire all of these Aerolineas employees and just start all over. There are plenty of people that would take their jobs. I read today that the Aerolineas Argentinas pilots and their family members were able to pre-reserve award business class tickets free up to 45 days in advance. Now they can only get a seat if there are seats available when the aircraft is taking off. This should help the airline save $20 million USD per year.
Too bad they just don't privatize the airline. 0% raises until they stop losing money. That is the way it should be.

There will be another strike at the airport tomorrow. I hope Milei's measure goes into effect as he said, declaring it an essential service. From what I understand, the measure is already in place. This just seems never-ending.

They're resisting the government's measures and have teamed up with Moyano. It really feels like there's no end to this.

Did you hear about the pilot who was harassed and then fired for refusing to go on strike? The bullying and mistreatment he faced were so cruel that he ended up hospitalized from a stress-induced spike in blood pressure. It’s embarrassing to see adults behave like this. The worst part is that the union used him as an example to intimidate others who shared the same opinion.:cry:

Did you hear about the pilot who was harassed and then fired for refusing to go on strike? The bullying and mistreatment he faced were so cruel that he ended up hospitalized from a stress-induced spike in blood pressure. It’s embarrassing to see adults behave like this. The worst part is that the union used him as an example to intimidate others who shared the same opinion.:cry:

Aerolineas is a joke. Probably should just shut down the airline and start all over again as a private entity.

Back