Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Any theme bar in BA?

mac

I'm in Buenos Aires for a few more days and was wondering if anyone can recommend a themed or game bar. I'm into offbeat places and love science fiction movies. Maybe there's something in BA that fits my vibe? Haha

I discovered El Destello Bar, and I highly recommend it. The place has a fantastic ambiance, reminiscent of the '80s and '90s. There are arcade games scattered all around, and the staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. The signature drinks are delicious, and you can watch the bartenders craft them with skill. While the food is tasty, don't expect gourmet dishes – it's more about having a great time and enjoying the nostalgic atmosphere!
Something noteworthy is that vegetarian dishes are marked with a little green leaf on the menu. They offer quite a few vegan options at reasonable prices. The venue is accessible to everyone, with a wide entrance and the entire space on the ground floor, making it wheelchair-friendly. It's definitely a place to have a good time, savor excellent drinks, and relive the joy of childhood games!

1703007805358.png1703007817161.png1703007833928.png

I recommend the Frank's Bar; it's absolutely amazing. From entering through a telephone booth with a code to its exquisite ambiance. It's designed to evoke a New York mystery, with a clandestine bar style featuring dim lighting and vintage details where refined cocktails are served. I applaud the pleasant service from the waitresses, the meticulously crafted cocktails, and, saving the best for last, the delightful experience my palate had with the gastronomic sensations that accompanied the drinks. To my pleasant surprise, I was invited to savor a dessert gifted by the house, something not commonly seen. I've recommended this place to my friends, both Argentine and international. Congratulations to the staff. I will return, this time to enjoy live jazz.

1703013255136.png1703013298860.png1703013318325.png

Back