Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Court Orders Milei to distribute held up food to the poor

Avocado

Very pathetic it took a court order for Milei to distribute desperately needed food.

What a disgrace. Imagine having to file a lawsuit to get food to those that need it. Horrible!

Exactly, all of this is under investigation since many of the soup kitchens didn't exist. Perhaps they should find a way to support the soup kitchens that actually function and continue with the investigation to prosecute those responsible.

I do agree that they should do a better job at getting more food out to the actual food kitchens that they know are genuine. Horrible the fraud at 50% but it is fairly easy to find ones that are genuine and get more food out to those that need it.

Anyway, yesterday I heard on a TV program that Milei's ministers said the existing community kitchens are indeed receiving assistance and that food is being sent to them. I hope this is true and that the investigation continues to expose these corrupt individuals.

According to the government, Pablo de La Torre, an official from the Ministry of Human Capital, mismanaged food distribution and was therefore removed from his position. Now the army is assisting with the distribution of soon-to-expire powdered milk.

According to the government, Pablo de La Torre, an official from the Ministry of Human Capital, mismanaged food distribution and was therefore removed from his position. Now the army is assisting with the distribution of soon-to-expire powdered milk.

That is good they are getting this out. I'm sure there are a LOT of people that can use that milk and food.

I hope this step in right direction. I don't care who is to blame. I just want to see the food getting out. Made no sense to me to have it sitting somewhere getting expired and spoiled when it can help people.

Apart from the out-of-date powdered milk, there is also the case of buying kilos of mate at 40% above the market price.
I wonder how much other fraud has occurred. It's no wonder Argentina is so broke! I have a feeling just clearing up all the fraud and theft will help put Argentina on the right track.

Nobody is talking about the thousands of kilos of yerba mate that expired in 2022. Something fishy happened here, how Grabois knew about this and why Petovello was misinformed by Pablo de La Torre?.

Food is being distributed now and I'm pretty sure if someone digs further on how the previous goverment handle these food supplies they would find more fishy stuff.

Nobody is talking about the thousands of kilos of yerba mate that expired in 2022. Something fishy happened here, how Grabois knew about this and why Petovello was misinformed by Pablo de La Torre?.

Food is being distributed now and I'm pretty sure if someone digs further on how the previous goverment handle these food supplies they would find more fishy stuff.
Seems like every single day this administration is uncovering another scam. I wonder how high up it went. Does anyone think Alberto Fernandez benefitted?

Seems like every single day this administration is uncovering another scam. I wonder how high up it went. Does anyone think Alberto Fernandez benefitted?
This dates way before AF's mandate. This all started 20 years ago with syndicalists acting as middle-man between government's food banks and people in need. People like Grabois, Beliboni and Persico won millions by being the middle-man and re-selling some of the food or creating fake food shelters, etc.

This dates way before AF's mandate. This all started 20 years ago with syndicalists acting as middle-man between government's food banks and people in need. People like Grabois, Beliboni and Persico won millions by being the middle-man and re-selling some of the food or creating fake food shelters, etc.
But at this scale wouldn’t the past Presidents and their administrations have to know about it? It seems like impossible for this kind of fraud to go on without knowledge. Is it just kick backs and bribes all the way up? Scary.

Is it just kick backs and bribes all the way up?

That's right. In Argentina corruption is endemic. I don't know if Milei will be able to fix this problem for good. I know that's what he wants to do, but is it really feasible?

Corruption is a degeneration, a very invasive cancer, which has been steadily growing in the States in the past several decades. Sometimes I think that the US is going through an Argentinization.

Back