Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina Court Orders Milei to distribute held up food to the poor

That's right. In Argentina corruption is endemic. I don't know if Milei will be able to fix this problem for good. I know that's what he wants to do, but is it really feasible?

Corruption is a degeneration, a very invasive cancer, which has been steadily growing in the States in the past several decades. Sometimes I think that the US is going through an Argentinization.
I agree. I don't think they would be able to totally get rid of it. It happens all over the world but here in Argentina based on all the news, it seems like it's wrapped in every part of society.

It is, yes. Even the current government, as resolute against corruption as it is, has recently found corruption in the administration. It is good that they exposed it, maybe that's how they'll finally put a stop to it.
What is this incident you are referring about this administration? Is this news posted anywhere @Sunny? I was wondering if this sort of thing would happen under his administration. It seems like Milei isn't the type that would stand this. Argentina needed someone very strong like him.

I was referring to the warehoused food/Pablo De la Torre saga.

This is one thing I do like about Milei to clean system of all fraud. This is a very positive thing for Argentina.

What is this incident you are referring about this administration? Is this news posted anywhere @Sunny? I was wondering if this sort of thing would happen under his administration. It seems like Milei isn't the type that would stand this. Argentina needed someone very strong like him.
The state in Argentina is giant hence hard to control, it will take a while to clean it up.

The state in Argentina is giant hence hard to control, it will take a while to clean it up.
Yep. This kind of corruption is all institutionalized. My local friends say that Milei will probably have to agree to look the other way with a lot of it if he is going to make progress on other things he wants to do. I just hope he doesn't get sucked into any of it.

President Milei is uncovering fraud, corruption and grift literally every single day. It's embedded in all facets of life here. It will probably be impossible to clean all of it up but if they can get the biggest ones that will be great. The key is sending some people to prison so people will fear going to jail and then just avoid it in the future. But an uphill battle.

That's right. In Argentina corruption is endemic. I don't know if Milei will be able to fix this problem for good. I know that's what he wants to do, but is it really feasible?

Corruption is a degeneration, a very invasive cancer, which has been steadily growing in the States in the past several decades. Sometimes I think that the US is going through an Argentinization.
That's right it's like cancer. That is a good way to look at it. We might be past the point of no return here. The only positive thing is I think people are finally starting to realize they can't accept it and they ultimately are the ones that suffer. I recently saw a poll and CFK was something like 20% positive rating. That has to be an all time low.

I can’t believe they still haven’t distributed the food to the soup kitchens when we know there are people who really need it. Now the courts have told the Ministry of Human Capital to report within the next 48 hours on how they’ll make sure the food gets to the kitchens. With the delays, the food is about to expire soon.

Back