Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina in the Copa America - Will they go all the way to Champions again?

What a game. Argentina pulled it off yet again. Yet another Copa victory!
I was at the game tonight. Crazy crazy. Game was delayed so long because Colombians tried rushing into the stadium without tickets. Some snuck into the building. All throughout the game, security was going row by row checking tickets. Was wild. I was actually rooting for Colombia as a friend invited me to the game but Argentina was just too strong.

I was at the game tonight. Crazy crazy. Game was delayed so long because Colombians tried rushing into the stadium without tickets. Some snuck into the building. All throughout the game, security was going row by row checking tickets. Was wild. I was actually rooting for Colombia as a friend invited me to the game but Argentina was just too strong.
I was also at the game tonight. What a game. I never thought we'd get in the stadium. Never thought I'd see something like this in North America but the Colombians flooded the stadium trying to get in free. Argentina played their hearts out and deserved the victory.

Yes, people in our row that were piled in got kicked out. All Colombia fans.

Great to see Argentina winning but they got really lucky. Colombia played well in the first half. They will be a team to watch in the future. A few of the key players retiring and for sure this is Messi's last Copa. His best days are behind him.

Argentina's victory was totally deserved; they showed incredible talent and determination. But it's such a shame that the celebrations at the Obelisco caused a lot of damage and that there were incidents at the stadium. Celebrating is great, but we need to do it without breaking things and by taking care of our public spaces.

Argentina's victory was totally deserved; they showed incredible talent and determination. But it's such a shame that the celebrations at the Obelisco caused a lot of damage and that there were incidents at the stadium. Celebrating is great, but we need to do it without breaking things and by taking care of our public spaces.

I saw news of someone in BA doing something stupid and climbing that BA sign by the Obelisco and dying. I guess if you do stupid things you can expect stupid results. :(

I saw news of someone in BA doing something stupid and climbing that BA sign by the Obelisco and dying. I guess if you do stupid things you can expect stupid results. :(
Yes! I understand the adrenaline and passion, but this guy took it too far. In fact, I saw a lot of people who were drunk, it didn't surprise me that it was packed with fans; the authorities surely knew. There should have been more control at the Obelisco, but I think it got out of hand, which is why there was so much damage.

I wonder how many people in the stadium were illegal aliens? I joked with my Colombian friend that they should have done an announcement before the game that they would be doing random checks to see if people are here in the US illegally. :ROFLMAO:

It wasn't just Colombians sneaking into the game without tickets. Yes, probably 90% but there were Argentines too that were doing it too.

Back