Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argie ice cream in Dallas, TX.

Thanks for taking one for the team! Dang, how many did you try? :ROFLMAO: Was it just an ice cream cart or did they have a physical store? I think the article said they didn't have a store. Was there a line? I wish them the best.
I got a large 35oz that had four flavors -dulce de leche, banana split, white chocolate, and Sambayon. And no I have not eaten it all yet lol. I read before ordering that they are a pop up style store w limited hours but you can still order pick-up or delivery. I ordered delivery and got the large to justify the cost of delivery.
Probably smart making it less sweet. Most of the ice cream here is way too sweet for me here in BA. But that doesn't stop me! I was on a diet but that isn't going too well.
I remember places you could buy by the kilogram too. I usually only got two scoops and by the time I finished thought that was too much.
Glad to hear you liked it and that they are making it a bit less sweet. Dulce de leche granizado and banana is a great combo. Did you tell them you read the article?
I did prefer that it was a little less sweet. I got delivery due to their set up, but if I'm in the area(not often) and they're open I would love to meet and talk with them and mention the article and where I heard about them.

I got a large 35oz that had four flavors -dulce de leche, banana split, white chocolate, and Sambayon. And no I have not eaten it all yet lol. I read before ordering that they are a pop up style store w limited hours but you can still order pick-up or delivery. I ordered delivery and got the large to justify the cost of delivery.

I remember places you could buy by the kilogram too. I usually only got two scoops and by the time I finished thought that was too much.

I did prefer that it was a little less sweet. I got delivery due to their set up, but if I'm in the area(not often) and they're open I would love to meet and talk with them and mention the article and where I heard about them.
How nice that you supported this family's company. Just goes to show you the power of social where someone in Buenos Aires can post an article and then someone finds out about it in Dallas and buys some ice cream. Love it!

You can order ice cream by the kg here but I never see anyone doing it. There are so many ice cream stores I think most just go all the time. No matter how bad the economy is here I always see people buying ice cream.

How much was that 35 oz with the delivery fee? @FuturoBA ?

How nice that you supported this family's company. Just goes to show you the power of social where someone in Buenos Aires can post an article and then someone finds out about it in Dallas and buys some ice cream. Love it!

You can order ice cream by the kg here but I never see anyone doing it. There are so many ice cream stores I think most just go all the time. No matter how bad the economy is here I always see people buying ice cream.
Thanks. I'm starting to stay more up to date on what's going on in BA than where I'm at here in Dallas and I'm 5k miles away lol. From this forum, watching Spanish shows/podcasts, and my Spanish tutors I've been spending more time BA related than local, non-work related stuff.
How much was that 35 oz with the delivery fee? @FuturoBA ?
It was $30 for the tub and about $20 for the delivery.

Thanks. I'm starting to stay more up to date on what's going on in BA than where I'm at here in Dallas and I'm 5k miles away lol. From this forum, watching Spanish shows/podcasts, and my Spanish tutors I've been spending more time BA related than local, non-work related stuff.

$20 for the delivery?! Yikes. That is nice about you staying connected to BA. When you moving down here? I recall that you said you bought a place down here that is waiting for you.

Holy cow! $20 for delivery fee? What service was that? You were really nice to buy some. I have a long layover in DFW next month so was thinking on going into the city. Maybe I will try it.

I hope not. I am not quite sure yet. Much is up in the air. Going back home to take care of sick elderly parents is tough. Much of how long will probably depend on them. We will keep our place here no matter what. It is not appealing to me to retire in the States.
Hey good luck to you too especially with your folks. When my dad was battling cancer we wanted to spend as much time as we could with him during his last days, and it may sound callous but it was probably better for the family and him when he refused treatment and we were able to find closure sooner rather than prolong it. I don't know how your situation is but will send out prayers to you and yours.
Holy cow! $20 for delivery fee? What service was that? You were really nice to buy some. I have a long layover in DFW next month so was thinking on going into the city. Maybe I will try it.
It was the service connected to their site. Doordash had them listed but I was out of delivery radius. It was a one-off and I live about 35 min away so I didn't mind doing it the one time, not something I would do on the regular. They're more of a pop up but you can order delivery or pick-up after hours so you would want to check their hours if you're expecting them to be open.

Hey good luck to you too especially with your folks. When my dad was battling cancer we wanted to spend as much time as we could with him during his last days, and it may sound callous but it was probably better for the family and him when he refused treatment and we were able to find closure sooner rather than prolong it. I don't know how your situation is but will send out prayers to you and yours.

It was the service connected to their site. Doordash had them listed but I was out of delivery radius. It was a one-off and I live about 35 min away so I didn't mind doing it the one time, not something I would do on the regular. They're more of a pop up but you can order delivery or pick-up after hours so you would want to check their hours if you're expecting them to be open.
I didn't know the delivery was so expensive in the States. That is shocking for delivery!

Thanks @FuturoBA. I am sorry to hear about your dad. That is rough but you know what I am going through. This makes it very difficult because both mom and dad are both having issues and both of them want to stay in their house. That is part of the reason I may go back is so they can stay in their house and we'd stay with them. Thanks for the prayers! I could use all of those.

DAMN! I hope that was some great ice cream! $50 bucks is a lot for ice cream.

I didn't know the delivery was so expensive in the States. That is shocking for delivery!
It's not. It was maybe 25 mile out and came in a well insulated package, I was expecting it to be partially melted upon arrival but was the perfect consistency.
DAMN! I hope that was some great ice cream! $50 bucks is a lot for ice cream.
It was good and I wanted to support them, but not gonna spend $50 for ice cream again. Unless another Argentine heladeria opens up here lol.... So anyone want to make a quick fifty bucks, all you gotta do is open an Argentine ice cream shop here and I got you :)

It's not. It was maybe 25 mile out and came in a well insulated package, I was expecting it to be partially melted upon arrival but was the perfect consistency.

It was good and I wanted to support them, but not gonna spend $50 for ice cream again. Unless another Argentine heladeria opens up here lol.... So anyone want to make a quick fifty bucks, all you gotta do is open an Argentine ice cream shop here and I got you :)
Wow amazing that it wasn't more melted. When you said you were 35 minutes away I was thinking it would be all melted. Unless there was dry ice or something. I would have to think most people in Dallas aren't paying to get that ice cream delivered but maybe you will start a trend.

I haven't bought ice cream by the kilo here but back in the 80s we did when my parents entertained, the containers were styrofoam and they'd put a piece of dry ice on top, which kept the ice cream just perfect. That sounds so weird now... We bought WholeFoods ice cream for so long, I don't even remember the last time we went to an ice cream shop in the States.
I wonder if anyone in BA buys ice cream by the kilo anymore. Every time I am there my friends just get a small amount delivered. It is amazing now they deliver anything in BA and very quick too! Here people don't have the ice cream culture like in Europe or BA.

I had no idea Texas had so many Argentines. I wonder in which city? Nice article but reading between the lines it sounds like a family that misses Buenos Aires. The article mentioned they are in some supermarkets. I wonder which ones. I go to Dallas now and again for business. I'd try it if they had a store but I'm not paying that kind of delivery fee! You're a good person @FuturoBA to do that.

Back