Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

FYI one of my new neighbors (American couple) just finally opened a bank account in BA. They went around to several banks including Banco de la Nacion which wouldn't open up an account without a DNI.

They did have a CDI # and just their passport.

Awesome! I will check it out. I did get my Cdi so I will check it out. Thanks!

Many times it just differs based on branch to branch. Most of the times, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in Argentina and the laws are constantly changing. You can call 10 different branches and not get consistent answers.

I'd guess some branches probably will open it but not all of them...so if you hear about one that will....go only to that branch.
Strange there is no consistent laws across all the banks. A friend is going through trying to open a bank account and he is getting different answers even at the same bank. It seems like managers at each bank have their own rules. One friend opened up a bank account at Banco Galicia without his DNI but it was closed shortly after.

FYI one of my new neighbors (American couple) just finally opened a bank account in BA. They went around to several banks including Banco de la Nacion which wouldn't open up an account without a DNI.

They did have a CDI # and just their passport.

I will suggest this one. Hopefully they don't close it down after some time. It would be great if this government could fix all of these issues with simple things like letting people opening up a bank account.

Back