Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Best time to go to Tigre

kara

When is the best time to visit Tigre? Is it better to go in the evening? How much time should we plan for the visit, and do you have any recommended tours for a family of five?

There are numerous boat tours available in Tigre, catering to various preferences and schedules. For example, I opted for a shorter visit by taking a one-hour train ride from Belgrano to Tigre, followed by a one-hour boat tour, and then returned to Buenos Aires. However, there are tours of varying durations to suit different preferences.

I recommend visiting during the day to fully appreciate the stunning natural surroundings. In terms of cost, I paid USD 4 for my one-hour trip, which is considerably less than the USD 95 mentioned for another tour. I suggest purchasing tickets directly at the pier rather than online.

We opted for Delta Unplugged, a more intimate and small-scale boat tour. While it falls on the pricier end of the spectrum, we're thrilled that we chose this option. I even wrote a brief trip report about our experience.

Hi Kara,

Here you have a thread with all the information about "El Tigre":

Back