Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Best WiFi Providers in Palermo Soho for Remote Work

fredy

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to be moving to Capital next week after spending a long time in the province. I’m on the hunt for reliable WiFi in Palermo Soho, as I need a strong connection for Zoom meetings, my job depends on it.

I’ve been a Movistar customer for years and have always been satisfied, but I’ve heard it’s not available in Palermo.

Any recommendations or advice from those with experience in the area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi! Here’s a thread where this topic was discussed. Hope it helps!

I am not in Palermo Soho but they should have Personal there. They are very dependable. I use them and have high speed service. It is fairly dependable but they do go down once in a while. Not often but it happens when they are doing work in the area. Friends have used them and they were fairly quick to install it once you schedule. They have offices all over BA. You can also arrange to have your foreign credit card billed monthly if that is important to you.

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to be moving to Capital next week after spending a long time in the province. I’m on the hunt for reliable WiFi in Palermo Soho, as I need a strong connection for Zoom meetings, my job depends on it.

I’ve been a Movistar customer for years and have always been satisfied, but I’ve heard it’s not available in Palermo.

Any recommendations or advice from those with experience in the area would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
As @Betsy Ross mentioned, Personal is pretty good. They have fast speeds. They typically have some introductory prices/offers on the first 12 months. It does go down once in a while. I own an apartment in Palermo Hollywood and use them and it was going down enough that I actually installed a 2nd provider so I have constant coverage in case one goes down.

I also use I-Plan which has been very dependable. I use them in my apartment in Recoleta and never had issues or complaints of it going down. That is also a good option. And you can charge both of these to your American or foreign credit card for the bill payment. I just get autopay on both. Very dependable.

I'll second Iplan. It's absolutely fantastic, and I've never had issues. Before I got my current place, my old one used Personal and it was also very good.

Telecentro, on the other hand, has been totalmente basura everywhere I've had it. 0/10, would not recommend for my worst enemy.

I'll second Iplan. It's absolutely fantastic, and I've never had issues. Before I got my current place, my old one used Personal and it was also very good.

Telecentro, on the other hand, has been totalmente basura everywhere I've had it. 0/10, would not recommend for my worst enemy.
Yes avoid Telecentro. The prices are cheaper but it is very slow and always goes down. I had it before and switched to IPlan. I found out about Iplan on one of the posts on this forum so thank you all. I didn't hear of them before.

I can also highly recommend Iplan. I had Personal but as others mentioned it occasionally goes down. And the frustrating thing is they just tell you they are doing service in the area and sometimes it will be up to a week with spotty service. They supposedly are upgrading some of their lines and when they do service is unbearably slow or will go out. Iplan has not gone down ever since I switched over to them a few months ago.

Hi! I used to have Telecentro, and it was terrible, frequent outages, slow speeds, intermittent disconnections, and bills that kept going up every month. I switched to I Plan, and so far, I haven’t had any issues. It’s been excellent.

Back