Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Boca Juniors versus River Plate - Football match

Carl80

I will be in Buenos Aires from January 30th to February 2nd and would like to check if there's a possibility to attend a football match at either of the stadiums during that time. I understand it depends on the fixtures, but assuming there is a home game for either team, what is the best method to obtain tickets? If that doesn't work out, we plan to go for a stadium tour, with Boca Juniors being the preferred choice. Thank you!

I find myself in a similar situation, planning a visit in February. Upon reviewing the information provided in this link (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Argentine_Primera_División), it seems that the 2024 Argentine Primera División season will be commencing later in the year. Additionally, it's worth noting that La Bombonera is currently undergoing renovations, restricting access around the stadium. In the case of River Plate, based on reviews, it appears that only the museum is accessible during tours.

I've just received an email with information about the first-round matches, which, as they say, will take place before the start of the new season. Currently, I am waiting to confirm the specific dates. Additionally, Airbnb provides the opportunity to be a host for experiences.

@Carl80, the new season starts towards the end of January - this year the first tournament is the Copa de la Liga.

There are no definite dates or timings but here is the draft schedule published a couple of days ago.

Some guys on Airbnb Experiences. are selling tickets for games but as there are no definite dates I am not sure what they are up to.

@Carl80, the new season starts towards the end of January - this year the first tournament is the Copa de la Liga.

There are no definite dates or timings but here is the draft schedule published a couple of days ago.

Some guys on Airbnb Experiences. are selling tickets for games but as there are no definite dates I am not sure what they are up to.
Interesting! Might they be season ticket holders that are guaranteed seats? I always wondered about this.

Tomorrow at 4 PM, the River vs Boca superclásico will be broadcast. Tickets for the match are impossible to get, but at least I'll be watching it at a good bar with friends. With these kinds of games, the atmosphere always feels like a party, and the passion from the locals is contagious. Of course, I'll be cheering for River Plate!

Back