Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Bodegon-Style afternoon snack

greiger

Yesterday, I went for a snack at Club del Progreso. I had heard that starting in September, they offer a "free snack" option. Since my girlfriend loves going for snacks, a custom she picked up here, we decided to go! I really recommend it. We went without a reservation, but you can book via WhatsApp. I swear, I couldn’t eat another bite with all the options available. The snack is all-you-can-eat, and you only pay $11,500. They have cakes, sandwiches, bacon and eggs, fruit, pastries, and more. There’s something for everyone, both savory and sweet.

1725381794017.jpeg

A friend went with her coworkers and told me that it’s just as described, you can eat everything! She said there's a wide variety, and since she's a fan of cakes, she mentioned that they are delicious. There’s something for everyone, including added empanadas to the snack. While looking for the contact info for the place, I found this video that made me really tempted. I think I’ll be going there soon.

Wow that sounds like a fantastic deal! All you can eat for 11,500 pesos? That's less than $9 bucks! Maybe they make the $$$ on drinks or something. I guess a good way to get publicity. Was the quality good @Melibaires?

Wow that sounds like a fantastic deal! All you can eat for 11,500 pesos? That's less than $9 bucks! Maybe they make the $$$ on drinks or something. I guess a good way to get publicity. Was the quality good @Melibaires?
On the Google Reviews it's very poor rating. Only 3.8 which is a very bad score for Google so may want to check out the reviews. I have not eaten here before. I would probably check it out for that low price.

Drinks like coffee, tea, juices, hot chocolate, and yogurt are included in the price. I'm going to go in the next few days. My friend, who went with her coworkers, told me it's really worth it, there's no catch with the price. It's truly an "All-You-Can-Eat Merienda." You just have to go between 4 and 7 PM.

On the Google Reviews it's very poor rating. Only 3.8 which is a very bad score for Google so may want to check out the reviews. I have not eaten here before. I would probably check it out for that low price.
But this is a new option that just started in September. Maybe they’re doing it precisely to boost their sales and popularity. I’d give it a chance. :)

Drinks like coffee, tea, juices, hot chocolate, and yogurt are included in the price. I'm going to go in the next few days. My friend, who went with her coworkers, told me it's really worth it, there's no catch with the price. It's truly an "All-You-Can-Eat Merienda." You just have to go between 4 and 7 PM.

But this is a new option that just started in September. Maybe they’re doing it precisely to boost their sales and popularity. I’d give it a chance. :)
Ok that explains it on the limited hours. That is a good price but the negative reviews would turn me off. @Melibaires please post a review after you go and let us know how it is.

Back