Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Buenos Aires Gay Community warns of dangers under Milei

Spend Thrift

June is Gay Pride month. I hope things don't deteriorate here for the Gay community.

I have several friends in the LG community and they say all of this talk of bias is overblown. They haven't felt any change at all. The vast majority of locals I don't think care one way or the other.

I believe that Milei’s stance is quite different from the views of this gentleman, who is supposed to represent the people. So far, Milei has kept his promises and stayed true to his speech. Before becoming president, he stated that he supports same-sex marriage and doesn’t care about people’s sexual orientation, seeing marriage simply as a contract.

I believe that Milei’s stance is quite different from the views of this gentleman, who is supposed to represent the people. So far, Milei has kept his promises and stayed true to his speech. Before becoming president, he stated that he supports same-sex marriage and doesn’t care about people’s sexual orientation, seeing marriage simply as a contract.

Honestly I don't think anyone really cares if you're gay, straight whatever here I am a gay male but people in Argentina are in different about that sort of thing. I have never seen any discrimination at all being a gay male here. Argentina has so many economic worries I think people are concerned about that but people could care less that I sleep with men.

Interesting and a bit wierd that some think the only option is either forced diversity hires or sex work. What ever happened to most man or woman for a job?

Maybe if these were real positions to begin with. The Ministry of Women and others had a bunch of useless jobs that needed no skills. Once those jobs were eliminated, it is going to be difficult to find another useless job with no skills. They could always go work at McDonalds.

Back