Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Building HOA expenses in Buenos Aires rose 88% from January to June 2024

That's good perspective, even if half of the 24 owners were late it would just mean your HOA goes to $200 a month for awhile and you'd get it all back eventually. Not ideal but not the end of the world.
The HOA bills are very reasonable in Buenos Aires. I looked at a few properties and I decided to go with a new construction. This way I don't have to worry about a deficit. I haven't closed on my apartment yet but I bought a penthouse apartment in Palermo. They told me that all the owners have to pay into a reserve fund when we close to cover some future expenses but I was told in new construction people defaulting isn't as common.

My building won't have 24/7 security guard which I'm told can get expensive. It's going to have one of those cameras with screens in the lobby and it will be monitored 24/7. More and more buildings have that system now.

I am glad I bought last year and prices have gone up. I am looking for my second apartment in Buenos Aires later this year. Prices are still very cheap there.

Back