Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate News BuySellBA - FREE Real estate news articles updated Daily on Buenos Aires, Argentina - Translated to English and emailed to you free

BuySellBA

Administrator
Feel free to sign up for FREE daily real estate-related news for Buenos Aires, Argentina. All real estate-related information is translated to English and updated free of charge. You can visit our website below:

You can simply visit our website each day for each day's latest articles on the real estate market. Or you can sign up for free email alerts and we will email you the articles that we update each day. Our website is the most comprehensive information on all things Buenos Aires real estate related in the world.

This is a wonderful website. I signed up for the free email alerts back in late August 2023 and I saw that all the predictions that BuySellBA told me came true. I did an initial consultation as I was thinking of buying an apartment. They told me that property prices were at the bottom and they would start to go up. And they did start going up in October after falling for 50 months.

I ended up buying a new construction penthouse that is being constructed now. But it was very helpful reading news articles that I was getting in my email every single day. I read every article that came out and I got emails each day of all the days new articles.

I visited Buenos Aires for the first time and spent a week with @earlyretirement and I totally fell in love with the city. Just a fantastic city. I spent a full week with @earlyretirement as I am going to buy a unit in his new building he is planning. I went to meetings at banks, financial institutions, met with his constructor partner, GyD Developers, met all his legal team and even some of his employees @Cariba and @Nadia.

I couldn't be happier with my investment. I can't wait to go back in August once the building is finished!

This is a wonderful website. I signed up for the free email alerts back in late August 2023 and I saw that all the predictions that BuySellBA told me came true. I did an initial consultation as I was thinking of buying an apartment. They told me that property prices were at the bottom and they would start to go up. And they did start going up in October after falling for 50 months.

I ended up buying a new construction penthouse that is being constructed now. But it was very helpful reading news articles that I was getting in my email every single day. I read every article that came out and I got emails each day of all the days new articles.

I visited Buenos Aires for the first time and spent a week with @earlyretirement and I totally fell in love with the city. Just a fantastic city. I spent a full week with @earlyretirement as I am going to buy a unit in his new building he is planning. I went to meetings at banks, financial institutions, met with his constructor partner, GyD Developers, met all his legal team and even some of his employees @Cariba and @Nadia.

I couldn't be happier with my investment. I can't wait to go back in August once the building is finished!
Congrats @Johnny! I wish I could buy another apartment now. I am damn glad that I have the one I live in. Rental market is crazy now. I signed up for daily emails a few months ago and I agree very informative.

Great resource for info. My wife and I had been looking for a property in either Palermo or Recoleta and after doing some research, hired them for a consultation based on their good reputation. Suffice it to say we were thoroughly impressed and ended up closing on a new 2BR/2BA apartment last month in Palermo. Can't wait to see it when it's done in August!

Last edited:
Great resource for info. My wife and I had been looking for a property in either Palermo or Recoleta and after doing some research, hired them for a consultation based on their good reputation. Suffice it to say we were thoroughly impressed and ended up closing on a new 2BR/2BA apartment last month in Palermo. Can't wait to see it when it's done in August!
Wow so many foreigners are buying. @ravingnomad can I ask what country you are from? @Johnny are you American? I don't know anything at all about the real estate market. I am renting an Airbnb with my friends and it was quite expensive but it's very nice. Cheaper than each of us getting a hotel room. I will check out that website. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I read in an article that you have to bring cash! Was it difficult to pay for your apartment?

One of the girls that we met at La Cabrera said she bought here and she had to pay with $100 USD bills! Sounds crazy!

Hi @Katyx, yep born and raised here in the USA. We fell in love with BA when we first visited years ago and have been dreaming about retiring early here for a few years now. Apart from just being an amazing and beautiful city, the quality of life for the money is incredible and affords us the ability to travel more without sacrificing our standard of living :). We'll have the means to execute our plan in a couple of years, but in meantime it'll be one of those short term rentals to help fuel the funds for when we eventually pull the trigger. While I can't go into the details, @BuySellBA has a legit way to bring in funds to the country without having to pay the customary fees you'd normally be charged.

Last edited:
Wow so many foreigners are buying. @ravingnomad can I ask what country you are from? @Johnny are you American? I don't know anything at all about the real estate market. I am renting an Airbnb with my friends and it was quite expensive but it's very nice. Cheaper than each of us getting a hotel room. I will check out that website. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I read in an article that you have to bring cash! Was it difficult to pay for your apartment?

One of the girls that we met at La Cabrera said she bought here and she had to pay with $100 USD bills! Sounds crazy!
Hello @Katyx!

I am American. I also stayed in an Airbnb when I came in November. The place was beautiful but everything was booked up for our dates. We wanted to stay in Recoleta or Palermo but they didn't have ANY 2 bedrooms with 2 king size beds so the only one available was clear up in Belgrano. Nice enough area but was a pain going back and forth all the way up there. All the action was in Palermo Hollywood or Soho or Recoleta and we went to Puerto Madero a few times which was very far from Belgrano!

My place that I bought is in Palermo which I find is really nice and central. We explored around a lot but I liked Palermo the most and central to most places. I didn't have to pay with any cash at all. It was nice I just made a bank wire transfer and I didn't have to pay any commissions or anything. I hired @BuySellBA and they did everything for me. But I paid $0 in transfer fees which I understand is not so normal. Some properties I inquired about the sellers wanted cash. There was a way to do it but it wasn't free. I had to pay about 2.5% fee if I wanted to buy those units but I didn't have to pay any fees at all.

Last edited:
Hello @Katyx!

I am American. I also stayed in an Airbnb when I came in November. The place was beautiful but everything was booked up for our dates. We wanted to stay in Recoleta or Palermo but they didn't have ANY 2 bedrooms with 2 king size beds so the only one available was clear up in Belgrano. Nice enough area but was a pain going back and forth all the way up there. All the action was in Palermo Hollywood or Soho or Recoleta and we went to Puerto Madero a few times which was very far from Belgrano!

My place that I bought is in Palermo which I find is really nice and central. We explored around a lot but I liked Palermo the most and central to most places. I didn't have to pay with any cash at all. It was nice I just made a bank wire transfer and I didn't have to pay any commissions or anything. I hired @BuySellBA and they did everything for me. But I paid $0 in transfer fees which I understand is not so normal. Some properties I inquired about the sellers wanted cash. There was a way to do it but it wasn't free. I had to pay about 2.5% fee if I wanted to buy those units but I didn't have to pay any fees at all.
Absolutely that is one of my all-time favorite things is hanging out with close friends here. I'm always in a rush here as I'm so busy working but also when I'm not working I am meeting up with many close friends here while I am in town. I made so many lifelong friendships in Argentina and I probably have more very close friends in Argentina vs. anywhere else in the world where I also own properties and spend time.

And definitely was a lot of fun showing you around @Johnny and can't wait to come back with you in July/August.

Wow @Johnny and @ravingnomad you two are lucky! It would be my dream to buy an apartment here! Do you know if there are any mortgages here? I have a digital nomad job so I can work remote and have good income I can show.
Hi @TripMe, yes, I feel blessed! A lot of hard work and living below our means though. I guess you can say it’s delayed gratification, like the Stanford marshmallow test 🤣. From my understanding, mortgages are pretty much nonexistent here. All the transactions are paid in full, cash.

Hi @TripMe, yes, I feel blessed! A lot of hard work and living below our means though. I guess you can say it’s delayed gratification, like the Stanford marshmallow test 🤣. From my understanding, mortgages are pretty much nonexistent here. All the transactions are paid in full, cash.
USA used to have hardly any "cash sales" but all these reports are saying it's 1/3 of the purchases in the USA now so looks like USA has a lot of "cash" purchases too. Would be amazing if I could afford a property but I can't! I guess it would be great not to have to worry about a mortgage payment ever!

USA used to have hardly any "cash sales" but all these reports are saying it's 1/3 of the purchases in the USA now so looks like USA has a lot of "cash" purchases too. Would be amazing if I could afford a property but I can't! I guess it would be great not to have to worry about a mortgage payment ever!
I’m definitely in a fortunate situation and don’t take it for granted. Some of it is luck, such as coming into a little bit of money. The other half is an intentional decision to live below our means and invest as much as possible over many years in the stock market. Of course you also have to be pulling in a decent income in order to put aside a meaningful amount.

With new or in development properties you can put about 40% down and pay in installments, however, be careful of which developer you're investing in. Not sure your budget or size you're looking for but I've seen units for less than 75k. Like this recycled monoambiente/studio in Palermo asking 73.5k https://www.zonaprop.com.ar/propiedades/departamento-en-venta-apto-profesional-palermo-52641848.html and you can probably negotiate that down a little more too. Or you can check w @earlyretirement I think he has some in his brand new building at Meet Palermo going for around 90k finishing in August.

Back