Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Casa Rosada tickets

Carl80

I'll be in Buenos Aires in february and was interested in booking tickets for the Casa Rosada tour. However, it appears that the daily English tours are consistently fully booked either right before or immediately after the tickets are released. I've been monitoring the availability regularly, but every time the new week's tickets become available, they're already sold out. Is there a specific strategy or trick to securing reservations, or could it be that they are being pre-booked by agencies or other entities?

Hey,
Visits are only on Saturdays. Tours in English only 12:30 pm. They are free but need reservations which open 15 days in advance.

I'll be in Buenos Aires in february and was interested in booking tickets for the Casa Rosada tour. However, it appears that the daily English tours are consistently fully booked either right before or immediately after the tickets are released. I've been monitoring the availability regularly, but every time the new week's tickets become available, they're already sold out. Is there a specific strategy or trick to securing reservations, or could it be that they are being pre-booked by agencies or other entities?

Hello Carl80,

Indeed Ron is right! the tours in English are only on Saturdays and they are free, although the schedule has been recently modified, they take place at 2:30 PM and let me tell you that they are very interesting as you will be immersed for a moment in the history of this beautiful country.

Below I leave the link so you can make a reservation but keep in mind that this is done 15 days in advance not before, maybe that's why you do not see the real availability.

1701785726688.jpeg

You can also send your questions to the following e-mail:

visitascasarosada@presidencia.gob.ar

I hope I have been helpful!

Enjoy.

Last edited:
i haven't been able to get the "Visitas" site to load for several days. anyone else? different browsers, times of the day, computers, VPN on and off, etc.

the tourism sites and overall government sites seem to work. i'll try emailing visitascasarosada@presidencia.gob.ar and report back. anyone able to book a Casa Rosada tour successfully, english or spanish? @Carl80
No I also tried the other day and it also wouldn't work. I figured maybe Milei cancelled it to save money! Ha.

He probably laid off the staff!
there is also the chance that gov't workers who aren't getting free sh*t anymore are burning/deleting stuff in hopes of doing scorched earth on Argentina to make it seem like Milei's team is failing. i used to work for a contractor overseas who lost a contract and then intentionally shredded/deleted documents and played dumb about logistics and procedures, hoping the new company would quit or fail and then the contract would go back to the incumbent :p

there is also the chance that gov't workers who aren't getting free sh*t anymore are burning/deleting stuff in hopes of doing scorched earth on Argentina to make it seem like Milei's team is failing. i used to work for a contractor overseas who lost a contract and then intentionally shredded/deleted documents and played dumb about logistics and procedures, hoping the new company would quit or fail and then the contract would go back to the incumbent :p
Ah the famous scorched Earth strategy. People discount the depths of the Kirchners! They probably will pay people to sabotage things too. @StatusNomadicus, I read and heard of a lot of that type of thing with government contractors. So desperate to get back a contract after they find out the US Govt is going with someone else.

Back