Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Chori - Delicious Choripan Restaurant in Palermo Soho

earlyretirement

Today I went to one of my favorite places for Choripan. It's a small little place and they don't have much on the menu except for Choripan, fries, potato salad and some drinks. I find it really flavorful. I typically come each time I'm in town. It's interesting to see the inflation in pesos. I use a travel app called Swarm on my iPhone that I always check in at restaurants and I upload photos and I looked at prices of the menu the last few times I have been here. I'll upload below.

All the Choripan is delicious here. Naturally since it's in Soho it's going to be much more expensive vs. other places around town. But I'm always in this area as I own an apartment close by. My favorite is the Cerco Clásico which is 5,400 pesos now.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 4.21.05 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 4.19.26 PM.jpg

If you watch Someone Food Phil on Netflix, this is one of the places he has come before and he was a fan.

Google Maps:

Today I went to one of my favorite places for Choripan. It's a small little place and they don't have much on the menu except for Choripan, fries, potato salad and some drinks. I find it really flavorful. I typically come each time I'm in town. It's interesting to see the inflation in pesos. I use a travel app called Swarm on my iPhone that I always check in at restaurants and I upload photos and I looked at prices of the menu the last few times I have been here. I'll upload below.

All the Choripan is delicious here. Naturally since it's in Soho it's going to be much more expensive vs. other places around town. But I'm always in this area as I own an apartment close by. My favorite is the Cerco Clásico which is 5,400 pesos now.

View attachment 1574

View attachment 1573

If you watch Someone Food Phil on Netflix, this is one of the places he has come before and he was a fan.

Google Maps:

I love potato salad I might try this place tomorrow

I love potato salad I might try this place tomorrow
Yes, me too. It's good but they put their own little spin on it. They put some sliced pineapples on top so if you don't like sweet you can take it off or ask them to do it without the pineapples. They are always really friendly in there and something interesting is there are lots of locals here eating all the time as well. There is usually a small line but they move them pretty quickly. The potato salad is 3,800 pesos for a little container. Expensive by local standards probably but I always come here each time I'm in town for my choripan fix.

Now take a look at the exact same menu from November 12, 2023 and you can see the same thing I had was 3,100 pesos. It's a real life example of what the locals go through. This is all in the span of 7 months! 1,750 pesos to 5,400 pesos even with increase of blue dollar is a lot!

View attachment 1575

Then look at this photo I took from June 14, 2023 and the same thing was 1,750 pesos.

View attachment 1576
Thanks @earlyretirement! That is cool how you take photos of the menu throughout year. I never thought of that but will check that App out. Is it free? That is some crazy inflation all within the past few months.

I love this place.

I've been there like three times now and I always get the Chorichanga. It's got the "spicy" symbol next to it, but it's not spicy at all. It's become one of my favorite sandwiches.

I love this place.

I've been there like three times now and I always get the Chorichanga. It's got the "spicy" symbol next to it, but it's not spicy at all. It's become one of my favorite sandwiches.
I agree! Thanks to this post I checked the place out. I also love that spicy Chorichanga although as you mentioned it has no real heat on it. Love this place even though they are more expensive than other Choripans in BA. The workers are always very nice too. This place must make a small fortune as there is always a line no matter what time I go there.

Thanks @earlyretirement! That is cool how you take photos of the menu throughout year. I never thought of that but will check that App out. Is it free? That is some crazy inflation all within the past few months.
Great place! Went there for a Choripan based on these reviews. Delicious! Prices keep going up. Cerdo Classico was 7,200 pesos and the potato salad was 4,900 pesos.

Back