Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Cinema in English

Villa Urquiza between Belgrano and Devoto
Well... near you have this:

Cinemark Hoyts Dot​

You buy the ticket online or through the app + or on-site. There are combos of whatever you want. There are sweet or salty popcorn, sodas, water, and chips.
Basically you just go to enjoy the movie and that's it! Because everything is handled online.
Parking is paid in cash, and is for 2 hours. You go down or up by escalator or elevator.
The last movie is around 00:15, and there is good sound!
I have nothing negative to say.

Cinema Devoto​

Very good cinema, I would say that the tickets are according to the quality of the rooms and their respective size, I have no complaints about the staff and my only negative complaint of the place is the candybar is very expensive and taking into account that they sell popcorn they could lower their percentage of profit a little bit, the rest everything is fine.

These 2 are the ones I know since they are inside the shopping malls, there may be some closer but these are in perfect condition, I hope it has been useful!

Well... near you have this:

Cinemark Hoyts Dot​

You buy the ticket online or through the app + or on-site. There are combos of whatever you want. There are sweet or salty popcorn, sodas, water, and chips.
Basically you just go to enjoy the movie and that's it! Because everything is handled online.
Parking is paid in cash, and is for 2 hours. You go down or up by escalator or elevator.
The last movie is around 00:15, and there is good sound!
I have nothing negative to say.

Cinema Devoto​

Very good cinema, I would say that the tickets are according to the quality of the rooms and their respective size, I have no complaints about the staff and my only negative complaint of the place is the candybar is very expensive and taking into account that they sell popcorn they could lower their percentage of profit a little bit, the rest everything is fine.

These 2 are the ones I know since they are inside the shopping malls, there may be some closer but these are in perfect condition, I hope it has been useful!
Thank you for the help!!! I didn't know any of those, I'll try it tomorrow!

Hello everyone!!

To let you know. Many or all cinemas in Argentina have Spanish or English versions but with Spanish subtitles. There are movies that are only in English for a long time. So I don't think you will have any problem finding a theater with movies in English. I hope it has been helpful!

Hello everyone!!

To let you know. Many or all cinemas in Argentina have Spanish or English versions but with Spanish subtitles. There are movies that are only in English for a long time. So I don't think you will have any problem finding a theater with movies in English. I hope it has been helpful!
I did not have that information, thanks!

Hello everyone!!

That's true, in some cinemas the Spanish version arrives late.

It's funny but even my friends that don't speak English prefer to watch them in English and read subtitles. I don't get it but I don't complain as my Spanish is no bueno. I go to the Cinemark at Alto Palermo.

Back