Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Banking Currency exchange facillities at Ezeiza Airport

Leo

I've heard that obtaining Argentine pesos in the UK before my trip is not possible. Therefore, it seems I'll need to convert currency upon my arrival at the airport. However, since I'll be landing at Ezeiza airport early on a Sunday morning, I'm uncertain if there will be any open currency exchange services. In case there aren't, I'm wondering if the shuttle bus to the city will accept US dollars. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've heard that obtaining Argentine pesos in the UK before my trip is not possible. Therefore, it seems I'll need to convert currency upon my arrival at the airport. However, since I'll be landing at Ezeiza airport early on a Sunday morning, I'm uncertain if there will be any open currency exchange services. In case there aren't, I'm wondering if the shuttle bus to the city will accept US dollars. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
NEVER try to get Argentine currency outside of Argentina. It's a totally worthless currency INSIDE Argentina so you can imagine nobody wants it outside of Argentina.

You also won't want to exchange at the airport. There IS a Banco de la Nation bank but you will only get the official exchange rate if you exchange there. Just use an ATM machine as there is one near the exit of the airport across from the McDonald's. You'll get a much better exchange rate. But you can wait until you get into the city.

You can use your credit card to pay for the shuttle or taxi to the city center. I assume you will be traveling with a credit card.

Then when you get to the city center you can exchange there. Ask your hotel for the nearest location of money exchange at "blue" rate. They will tell you the closest location.

Do you have to pre book the ezeiza taxi before we go? Or can you turn up at check in desk and book there?

They make it really easy there. Just exit the luggage area when you're going out. Before you go out the final door you will find many companies. I always use the company on the far left as you're coming out the door. There is an official taxi as well as private companies. All are good and I've used them at one time or another.

The procedure is you tell them where you want to go. You pay with cash or credit card and then they walk you out and a driver is out there that will help you with your bags.

As Sylvie mentioned, you don't need to book this ahead of time. There always are a bunch of drivers waiting there with these companies. Very quick and easy. I think I paid the equivalent of $18 US dollars with the charge on my credit card.

Back