Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Medical Dental implant in CABA

I`M GETTING IT PUT IN IN 1 WEEK FROM SMILE DENTAL COST 330 USA COMPLETE ..2ND TO BACK TOOTH ..I`M NEW HERE BUT BEEN IN AND OUT OF HERE SINCE BEFORE THE VIRUS /...
Wow, that's very cheap. Let us know how it goes. I hope all goes well. Could you find out what brand of implant they're using on you? So far I have been able to find 2 brands that are made in Argentina, Q-Implant and B&W. I have no idea how many local brands are out there in the market or how good they are. If anyone has an idea, please feel free to share information.

Wow, that's very cheap. Let us know how it goes. I hope all goes well. Could you find out what brand of implant they're using on you? So far I have been able to find 2 brands that are made in Argentina, Q-Implant and B&W. I have no idea how many local brands are out there in the market or how good they are. If anyone has an idea, please feel free to share information.
I'd also be curious on brands. Probably the clinic doesn't provide too many details if it's only $330 USD. That seems too cheap. I would guess brands would be domestic brands. Curious to an update how it goes.

Has anyone had experience getting dental implants in CABA? I might need one soon and I went to Swiss Medical today for a check-up and asked the dentist how much an implant here might cost. He said that an "implante nacional" should cost around USD500 and it's good. Any thoughts?
Hi @Jakoval did you end up getting the implant here? I may need to get one and was curious how your procedure went?

Hi @Jakoval did you end up getting the implant here? I may need to get one and was curious how your procedure went?
@Betsy Ross @Sunny I'm still in the process at Swiss Medical and be advised that implant is a long process especially in Argentina. In a normal country, scheduling an appointment wouldn't take this long but here it took me almost 3 months to get a turno for one single tooth extraction. And guess what? When the appointment day came (almost 2 weeks ago), all the assistants were on strike. Typical and lucky me! Anyway, fortunately they were able to reschedule me later that afternoon on the same day mid strike and all. After the extraction, you need to wait around 3 months for the bone to heal etc etc. I still don't know if I will need the bone graft. If I do, I'll need to add a few more months to the process but if not (fingers crossed), they can start working on the implant process right away.

Initially when I asked how much an implant would cost, one of the dentists I saw also said that it should cost around USD500 (nacional). But when I got the quote from Swiss Medical, the implant itself was quoted around 300,000++ pesos but the dentist's fee was 400,000++ pesos so it actually amounts to 900,000ish pesos. The dentist suggested that I pay ASAP to retain that price and it's good for whenever I do it. Fortunately, my partner's aporte with Swiss Medical covered everything so I didn't have to pay much. I think we had to pay some amount difference (I don't quite understand in detail how it works) which was only around 45,000 pesos.

I hope this info is useful. I will update with more details as the process goes. But for now. I need to wait a few months.

@Betsy Ross @Sunny I'm still in the process at Swiss Medical and be advised that implant is a long process especially in Argentina. In a normal country, scheduling an appointment wouldn't take this long but here it took me almost 3 months to get a turno for one single tooth extraction. And guess what? When the appointment day came (almost 2 weeks ago), all the assistants were on strike. Typical and lucky me! Anyway, fortunately they were able to reschedule me later that afternoon on the same day mid strike and all. After the extraction, you need to wait around 3 months for the bone to heal etc etc. I still don't know if I will need the bone graft. If I do, I'll need to add a few more months to the process but if not (fingers crossed), they can start working on the implant process right away.

Initially when I asked how much an implant would cost, one of the dentists I saw also said that it should cost around USD500 (nacional). But when I got the quote from Swiss Medical, the implant itself was quoted around 300,000++ pesos but the dentist's fee was 400,000++ pesos so it actually amounts to 900,000ish pesos. The dentist suggested that I pay ASAP to retain that price and it's good for whenever I do it. Fortunately, my partner's aporte with Swiss Medical covered everything so I didn't have to pay much. I think we had to pay some amount difference (I don't quite understand in detail how it works) which was only around 45,000 pesos.

I hope this info is useful. I will update with more details as the process goes. But for now. I need to wait a few months.
Thanks @Jakoval for that update. Wow, that is crazy how long it takes to get an appointment. I have had an implant before so I know it takes a long time once they extract it but it was a long time ago. That is great that Swiss Medical covered it all! When I did mine in the States it was about $5,000! Keep us posted. Thanks.

I would like to know, as well. I'm actually looking for a good dentist. Saw an excellent endodontist here, in Barrio Norte, but she does not do cleaning or regular dentistry. I miss my hygienist so much, she was so good!
I don't think the dentists are good here in Buenos Aires.

Hi @Jakoval. Any updates on this? Did you have your implant? I am needing one but I haven't heard from anyone that has actually gone through the process here. I heard the dentists here aren't the best but the prices are much cheaper than in the States. If you had yours can you post about your experience? Or DM me?

Hi @Jakoval. Any updates on this? Did you have your implant? I am needing one but I haven't heard from anyone that has actually gone through the process here. I heard the dentists here aren't the best but the prices are much cheaper than in the States. If you had yours can you post about your experience? Or DM me?
I'm still in the process. After the tooth extraction, I had to wait 3 months. About 3 weeks ago I went in for the procedure. They drilled my jaw and put in the titanium implant. Now I have to wait a few more months. My next appointment is in the beginning of Dec. The thing is they don't really explain the process to you here. I think the next visit they will put the abutment or maybe the crown itself, not sure. I'll have to ask. But for now the implant had been put in place. The procedure was painless. After the anesthesia wore off I felt a little discomfort but it wasn't so bad but one pain killer (prescribed by the dentist) took care of it. I was expecting I might feel some pain the next day but to my surprise I didn't feel any pain. I'll update more in Dec. If you have any questions, let me know or DM me.

I'm still in the process. After the tooth extraction, I had to wait 3 months. About 3 weeks ago I went in for the procedure. They drilled my jaw and put in the titanium implant. Now I have to wait a few more months. My next appointment is in the beginning of Dec. The thing is they don't really explain the process to you here. I think the next visit they will put the abutment or maybe the crown itself, not sure. I'll have to ask. But for now the implant had been put in place. The procedure was painless. After the anesthesia wore off I felt a little discomfort but it wasn't so bad but one pain killer (prescribed by the dentist) took care of it. I was expecting I might feel some pain the next day but to my surprise I didn't feel any pain. I'll update more in Dec. If you have any questions, let me know or DM me.
Thanks for the update. That sounds great. All going as planned it sounds like. Once you are all done and happy, I'd love to get more details on who you used. Theprocedure being painless sounds great!

Thanks! But they don't explain the process to you? That part sounds weird. I would have thought they would explain each step and time frame in detail. I'll look for your update in December. I'm in no hurry but my dentist is saying eventually my tooth needs to be extracted and an implant put in.

Thanks! But they don't explain the process to you? That part sounds weird. I would have thought they would explain each step and time frame in detail. I'll look for your update in December. I'm in no hurry but my dentist is saying eventually my tooth needs to be extracted and an implant put in.
They kinda explained roughly that after the extraction I need to wait 3 months and see if I need the bone graft but it looks like I didn't so that's why they already put the titanium post into my jawbone last month. Now I think the hard part is over. From what I researched online, the next step is to put the abutment and then I need to wait a few weeks for the gum around the abutment to heal and the crown will be placed which is the last step. I'll keep you updated comes Dec.

They kinda explained roughly that after the extraction I need to wait 3 months and see if I need the bone graft but it looks like I didn't so that's why they already put the titanium post into my jawbone last month. Now I think the hard part is over. From what I researched online, the next step is to put the abutment and then I need to wait a few weeks for the gum around the abutment to heal and the crown will be placed which is the last step. I'll keep you updated comes Dec.
Sounds like you're in the home stretch!

Back