Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Economy Do I need to think about inflation even if I live with USD from overseas rental income

MenClerk

If I live in buenos aires or other cities,I will try to live with USD and I exchange ARS one time in few days. I will get rental income and it is foreign currency(maybe USD).
need I still worry about inflation a lot?

And Does shop allow to pay USD?

I've been here for 9 years. During that time my gym membership has gone as high as $40usd/month. Currently it's $20. A cab ride home from downtown has gone as high as $9. Currently it's $3.
Two things to for you to think about ... if you get a debit card from Schwab Bank you can use atms without a fee. That can save you 5% of all the money you spend here.
Also many imported products are heavily taxed so it's wise to plan your purchases of things like computers or smart phones for when you will be in places like Miami.

Need I worry about Argentina becomeing Venezuela?I really want to visit BA,Mendoza,Cordoba and try to go usuaia...

Need I worry about Argentina becomeing Venezuela?I really want to visit BA,Mendoza,Cordoba and try to go usuaia...
NO, you do NOT need to worry about Argentina becoming Venezuela. People that say things like that I believe are just totally wrong. Yes, Argentina will continue to have their own crises over the next several decades (as always) but it won't get as bad as Venezuela. Will just never happen.

Back