Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Elon Musk calls to invest in Argentina after meeting up with Milei in LA

But as this article says, Musk is just using Milei isn't he? He wants some sweetheart deal for Tesla. I just hope Argentina gets a good deal out of it as well.

In any case, they are using each other. One needs lithium, the other needs all the help he can get to entice investment.

Both Elon Musk and Javier Milei are extremely smart guys. Both of them are probably on the spectrum as they say. They understand the importance of networking and relationship building. Look at how fast Musk was able to get Starlink launched once he had the support of President Milei. And good things will happen for both because of that mutually beneficial relationship.

Both Elon Musk and Javier Milei are extremely smart guys. Both of them are probably on the spectrum as they say. They understand the importance of networking and relationship building. Look at how fast Musk was able to get Starlink launched once he had the support of President Milei. And good things will happen for both because of that mutually beneficial relationship.

I like that they praise each other. This is surely a sign that things will work out, and hopefully, more investments will follow.

Lately, I've been reading a lot of good news. It's a sign that we're on the right track.

This news is fantastic for the country. The $300 million investment in Patagonia is a major boost. It's not just about creating a bunch of jobs here; it also puts us on the global map as key players in gas production. This not only generates direct and indirect jobs in the region but also strategically positions us to meet the growing global demand for energy. Plus, it shows that we're moving towards a greener and more prosperous future.

Yes it sounds like over a billion dollars has already been pledged from various foreign companies that are starting to invest in Argentina.

Today I read about Milei getting rid of laws making it more difficult for foreigners to sell real estate there. Sounds like things keep improving for foreign investors.

Lately, I've been reading a lot of good news. It's a sign that we're on the right track.

This news is fantastic for the country. The $300 million investment in Patagonia is a major boost. It's not just about creating a bunch of jobs here; it also puts us on the global map as key players in gas production. This not only generates direct and indirect jobs in the region but also strategically positions us to meet the growing global demand for energy. Plus, it shows that we're moving towards a greener and more prosperous future.
These investments help expand our gas production, allowing us to meet energy demand both domestically and internationally. They also boost the local and national economy, creating numerous jobs and fostering new technologies in energy. It's crucial for diversifying our energy sources and ensuring we always have enough energy in the future. So, this is very positive for the country 👌

My husband is in the oil and gas industry. He said within 10 years Argentina could become one of the largest oil and gas producing nations in the world. With previous administrations, no companies wanted to risk investing in Argentina with the threat of nationalization but now they are all interested in working with President Milei.
This is true. Argentina is boosting its oil and gas production, especially in the Vaca Muerta shale reserves. Many foreign companies are now interested in investing.

This is going to be huge for Argentina. You can see all the companies Milei met with yesterday at Vaca Muerta.

Back