Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

TevorCC

Hello,

I've been residing in Cordoba and Buenos Aires for the past few months and I'm looking for a reprieve from the heat and humidity in January and possibly February. I'm seeking suggestions for locations that meet two essential criteria:

1. Reliable internet for work.
  2. A location with a community where I can connect with others.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mar del Plata gets a lot of talk about its crowded nature, but truth be told, if you steer clear of the central areas, you'll find a peaceful environment. The rambla is particularly enjoyable, offering great spots to dine and a refreshing ocean breeze. The expansive beach allows for long, leisurely walks, with certain sections bustling like a zoo while others remain pleasantly empty. It's a lot of fun, and it's become a tradition for us to visit most years in January.

Hello,

I've been residing in Cordoba and Buenos Aires for the past few months and I'm looking for a reprieve from the heat and humidity in January and possibly February. I'm seeking suggestions for locations that meet two essential criteria:

1. Reliable internet for work.
  2. A location with a community where I can connect with others.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'd suggest exploring the Tandil Sierras, approximately 5 hours from the Capital.

The internet connectivity is reliable, and you'll find decent WiFi in numerous bars and cafes, making it somewhat of a mini Silicon Valley in Argentina. With over 40 IT companies, it offers a tech-friendly environment. Additionally, you're likely to encounter a diverse group of people, given the limited presence of foreigners. In my two years of living here, I've yet to come across another Englishman, which adds a unique charm to the experience.

Going to take a look! Thanks.

Rio seems like its also pretty hot and humid.
I'd suggest exploring the Tandil Sierras, approximately 5 hours from the Capital.

The internet connectivity is reliable, and you'll find decent WiFi in numerous bars and cafes, making it somewhat of a mini Silicon Valley in Argentina. With over 40 IT companies, it offers a tech-friendly environment. Additionally, you're likely to encounter a diverse group of people, given the limited presence of foreigners. In my two years of living here, I've yet to come across another Englishman, which adds a unique charm to the experience.

Back