Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Exchange Help!!

sell1980

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance in finding a currency exchange (cambio) that operates on Sundays. We'll be arriving in Argentina on a Sunday morning, and our hotel is located near Plaza de Mayo. Could anyone recommend a cambio in this vicinity that is open on Sundays? Alternatively, should we consider obtaining a small amount from the airport or an ATM for the day and then visit a cambio on Monday?

Obtain some local currency at the airport for immediate needs, and arrange the remaining cash through Western Union for Monday pickup. This is what we did, and we received a 15% better rate compared to a currency exchange.

You should be able to manage until Monday with credit cards as most restaurants take credit cards and you can use Uber at the airport or pay with Credit card. There is an exchange house open in Palermo Soho in Plaza Serrano that is open on Sundays.

I am back in BA. This time staying in Recoleta. Do any of you know any exchange houses that are open in Recoleta? I don't want to go all the way down to Florida street. Thanks.

Back