Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer First day of the Olympics in Paris: Argentines say "This is a disaster"

Everything is really a mess. During the presentation of this Argentine swimmer, they mistakenly put up the Chinese flag. My God!

I was watching that. The poor girl walking out during that. She looked up and saw the flag. I wouldn't have walked out until I saw my flag up. I heard one of the Argentine teams had things stolen and many other teams too.

First Gold Medal for Argentina :)

It wasn't just the first gold for Argentina but the first Gold for any country in Latin America!

First Gold Medal for Argentina :)

This athlete's performance has been impeccable, defeating eight competitors, including two Americans who are usually the best in this discipline. Congratulations to him!

New scandal in the Olympic Games: Italian boxer Angela Carini lasted only 46 seconds in the ring against Imane Khelif, who is biologically male. Distressed and with tears in her eyes, she stated that she had never been hit so hard in her life. She said it is up to the International Olympic Committee to judge this situation.
From my point of view, they're not on equal footing. I understand wanting to support diversity, but in this case, it's clear that she is at a disadvantage.

New scandal in the Olympic Games: Italian boxer Angela Carini lasted only 46 seconds in the ring against Imane Khelif, who is biologically male. Distressed and with tears in her eyes, she stated that she had never been hit so hard in her life. She said it is up to the International Olympic Committee to judge this situation.
From my point of view, they're not on equal footing. I understand wanting to support diversity, but in this case, it's clear that she is at a disadvantage.

It's terrible that they didn't consider the inequality of conditions. In fact, there is already a precedent, she was disqualified from the 2023 Women's Boxing World Championship for failing the eligibility tests (excess testosterone). I think the authorities should intervene.

This Olympics is a joke. I just saw a man beating up a woman. They need to end all this Wokeness.

That is horrible. I didn't know they allowed trans boxers in the Olympics. Totally not fair. So far not impressed with this Olympics. They were fools not to allow the younger NBA stars like Caitlyn Clark. Sister is there and she said the stands were empty for the women's basketball.

I saw this Argentine in Paris and laughed when he said it's like Once. :ROFLMAO: Paris has certainly gone down hill.

Back