Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Guide to BA Transport System

Hey there!

The very first thing on your to-do list is getting your hands on a SUBE card. Check out this interactive map https://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/comollego/?lat=-34.620000&lng=-58.440000&zl=12&modo=transporte to locate the spots where you can purchase the SUBE card based on your neighborhood.

Currently, the SUBE card is priced at $700 pesos. After acquiring it, you'll need to load credit, which you can conveniently do at almost any "kiosco" you come across. The standard fare for buses is $56 pesos, and for the subway, it's $80 pesos.

Your SUBE card is your golden ticket for the Subte (subway), Colectivo (bus), and even the Train (ideal for venturing outside the city).

For additional valuable insights, check out this YouTuber's channel; it's a treasure trove of helpful information!
Hey there! Exciting times ahead for your first trip to BA! If you're looking for a guide on navigating the bus and train system, especially tailored for English speakers,

anyone actually buy a Sube card recently, and ride the Subte? i have read elsewhere that the physical cards are near-impossible to get anymore

Hi! I have a friend who is traveling in Buenos Aires and he told me that it was difficult to get it in Kioscos, and they recommended him to go to a subway or train station, and he got it in Retiro train station, anyway I was reading in the official SUBE site and now you can order it online and then you can pick it up in a SUBE "point", I leave the link.

Back