Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Travel Has anyone planned to RV or Van life across Argentina? Has anyone done this epic road trip?

TripMe

Have any expats or anyone else out there ever done a road trip in a van or RV around Argentina? If so I'd love some advice on it. Or even if you've done it in another country any tips or tricks you would recommend? I see the rental prices are crazy in Argentina so I would probably buy or try to rent a van from a private individual or something. Argentina looks massive on a map. I don't know how realistic it is but I wanted to start the planning stages of it.

I saw this article online -

Have any expats or anyone else out there ever done a road trip in a van or RV around Argentina? If so I'd love some advice on it. Or even if you've done it in another country any tips or tricks you would recommend? I see the rental prices are crazy in Argentina so I would probably buy or try to rent a van from a private individual or something. Argentina looks massive on a map. I don't know how realistic it is but I wanted to start the planning stages of it.

I haven't done it but it sounds fun. My brother went around some of the USA during COVID with his family in a luxury Sprinter van.

a van or RV around Argentina
due to it being nearly impossible to transport my 90-pound dog anywhere outside of CABA, i started looking into this.

my gf found a 1989 van with all the upgrades for 14,000 USD

"Ford Econoline E350 1989 van USA Montana license plate (easy transfer) ... Chile into Argentina, Uruguay, Brazi, Paraguay and. Bolivia!!"

it seems before Milei, all cars would be sold in Santiago Chile. now, with the luxury tax being removed and regulations decreased, maybe more car sales will happen in Buenos Aires

got a Twitter page i can follow with your findings? i have a nice F-150 and ArcticFox combo in the Midwest USA, but getting it down here would cost something like $15,000 and i'd have to drive through Cartel-land and have it containered around the Darien Gap. i'm intrigued at a service of buying RVs/vans, using them, then selling them back, but as with many many other things, those services just don't exist in Argentina yet, it seems (we can't even do one-way car rentals here, the economy is so screwed-up).

due to it being nearly impossible to transport my 90-pound dog anywhere outside of CABA, i started looking into this.

my gf found a 1989 van with all the upgrades for 14,000 USD

"Ford Econoline E350 1989 van USA Montana license plate (easy transfer) ... Chile into Argentina, Uruguay, Brazi, Paraguay and. Bolivia!!"

it seems before Milei, all cars would be sold in Santiago Chile. now, with the luxury tax being removed and regulations decreased, maybe more car sales will happen in Buenos Aires

got a Twitter page i can follow with your findings? i have a nice F-150 and ArcticFox combo in the Midwest USA, but getting it down here would cost something like $15,000 and i'd have to drive through Cartel-land and have it containered around the Darien Gap. i'm intrigued at a service of buying RVs/vans, using them, then selling them back, but as with many many other things, those services just don't exist in Argentina yet, it seems (we can't even do one-way car rentals here, the economy is so screwed-up).
$14k sounds like a decent deal as long as it doesn't fall apart during your trip. Sounds like a fun trip. I read Elon Musk was going to add Starlink in Argentina soon so that would help on the trip.

Sounds like a fun trip! If you do it, please blog about it.

Back