Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Have you ever felt discriminated against or treated unfairly just because you're a foreigner or tourist in Buenos Aires?

Yes, seeing stuff on the news about Barcelona and Spain in general is surprising. With so many refugees coming in I wonder what the long term prospects are of that country.

View attachment 6658
Impressive response from this Argentine when asked in Spain about the rise in sexual assaults linked to immigrants. Racism and xenophobia are growing there, and despite their claims of being a progressive country, it’s sad to see how they’re trying to convince the public that immigrants are the worst thing about Spain, fueling racism through the media.

Impressive response from this Argentine when asked in Spain about the rise in sexual assaults linked to immigrants. Racism and xenophobia are growing there, and despite their claims of being a progressive country, it’s sad to see how they’re trying to convince the public that immigrants are the worst thing about Spain, fueling racism through the media.

based

In much of the EU I think we are going to have more issues with racism now. Any crime now by an immigrant has a spotlight on it. I don't know if crime rates have increased or not with this big wave of immigration. It's difficult to know what is the truth. Judging by posts on X you would think that every immigrant is a criminal which can't be true.

Back