Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Heladería Gruta Belgrano

AlexRed

Delicious ice cream! This ice cream parlor has been around for quite some time and continues to uphold its style and essence. The ice creams are truly delightful, and if you fancy, they can serve them with caramelized almonds on top, which takes it to the next level! Apparently, the pistachio ice cream is a sensation I tried it, and it's indeed delightful (everyone around me seemed to think so too).
The parlor is compact and tends to get crowded, offering a few tables inside and some outside. The service is fantastic They also sell ice cream cakes and other frozen desserts. The prices are reasonable for the quality, similar to other top notch ice cream parlors.
While Argentina may be famous for its beef, the unsung hero of the food scene is ice cream. Italian-style ice cream is big business in the city, especially at this family-run Belgrano gelato shop that has been making the artisanal confection for more than 43 years. If it's too hard to choose among the 50 flavors, go for their most popular trifecta: dulce de leche, sambayón and chocolate. Good tip: if you order half a kilo or more, they'll top the ice cream with their homemade caramelized almonds.
descarga (2).jpeg

Turin Heladeria was great ice cream, if you want something closer to Villa Crespo! the confusing thing about Argentine ice cream is they offer different types: Dulce De Leche, "Crema Americana," and Chocolate.

Bulnes 829, C1176 CABA, Argentina

when i asked what the difference was, it was pretty rough for my spanish level. the gist seemed to be if you want milk/cream-based, and not water-based/thin ice cream, get Americana

Back