Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Help with Residency and DNI Process for My Husband

It's pretty straightforward: just visit the RADEX website, go to the nearest immigration office, and follow the required steps and documents. You don't need a lawyer. I went through the process myself, and my wife is now Argentine. If you have any questions, the staff at the office can guide you through.

It's always a good idea to check the official Migraciones website for the most up-to-date information, as requirements can change often. What was valid a month ago might not be anymore. From my own experience, the process is pretty straightforward, and you don’t really need extra help to gather all the paperwork. But if you do need a translator, feel free to reach out, I can recommend the one we used, super professional and quick! In our case, it took about 6 months from the start of the process to get my husband’s DNI, though timelines can vary depending on the situation.

It's always a good idea to check the official Migraciones website for the most up-to-date information, as requirements can change often. What was valid a month ago might not be anymore. From my own experience, the process is pretty straightforward, and you don’t really need extra help to gather all the paperwork. But if you do need a translator, feel free to reach out, I can recommend the one we used, super professional and quick! In our case, it took about 6 months from the start of the process to get my husband’s DNI, though timelines can vary depending on the situation.
Oh, awesome! Yes, please, could you send me the translator's contact info? Thanks!

There is a lot of information on this post.

Thanks! I'll take a look at it :)

Earlier this year, I completed the process in the U.S. through the Consulate since my wife is Argentine by birth. It was just a matter of gathering a few documents, getting them apostilled and translated. After submitting the paperwork, I had my interview two days later and received the visa in my passport a few days after that. Once I arrived in Argentina and got my passport stamped, I applied for the DNI at the Renaper office, and it arrived by mail in about three weeks. It's really just a matter of getting organized, gathering everything you need, and following the steps.

Back