Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Legal How do i know if my package is stopped at customs?

Hi! In December I made a purchase coming from the Netherlands and it was scheduled to arrive on approximately January 29. However, the tracking provided by the seller shows no updates since December 28, when the package was moved from the Netherlands to Frankfurt, from where DHL would ship it here. Since then, there have been no further updates.

I have contacted the seller, who suggested that the package might be held at customs, which would explain the lack of update on the tracking. Also, I have registered the purchase order with Correo Argentino to receive an email notification when the package arrives, but so far I have not received any notification.

I have tried entering the tracking number on the Argentine customs page, but it shows the same information as the other tracking sites: the package has been in Frankfurt since December 28 and will be sent to the destination country for delivery to the local courier, with no further updates.

It is important to note that the tracking code starts with "L", which indicates that it is a tracking code with little information, updated only at key points.

Is there any way to confirm if the shipment is actually held in customs? Is there any other way to track the package? If there are no updates in the next few days, I will consider opening a claim on the site where I made the purchase (eBay, which I have used before with no problems, but this is the first time I am facing this situation).

I never bought anything on ebay, but check pages like postal ninja or parcels and see if it tells you something different from the ebay tracking or the page here, I do not know how it will be on ebay but on Aliexpress if the shipping is very cheap it usually takes about 40 days nailed in a country before arriving in Argentina.

Hi! In December I made a purchase coming from the Netherlands and it was scheduled to arrive on approximately January 29. However, the tracking provided by the seller shows no updates since December 28, when the package was moved from the Netherlands to Frankfurt, from where DHL would ship it here. Since then, there have been no further updates.

I have contacted the seller, who suggested that the package might be held at customs, which would explain the lack of update on the tracking. Also, I have registered the purchase order with Correo Argentino to receive an email notification when the package arrives, but so far I have not received any notification.

I have tried entering the tracking number on the Argentine customs page, but it shows the same information as the other tracking sites: the package has been in Frankfurt since December 28 and will be sent to the destination country for delivery to the local courier, with no further updates.

It is important to note that the tracking code starts with "L", which indicates that it is a tracking code with little information, updated only at key points.

Is there any way to confirm if the shipment is actually held in customs? Is there any other way to track the package? If there are no updates in the next few days, I will consider opening a claim on the site where I made the purchase (eBay, which I have used before with no problems, but this is the first time I am facing this situation).
In order to check if your shipment is really being held or not, you must have the tracking number, reference or delivery note and enter them in the package locator of the carrier's website (Correos, MRW, SEUR, FedEx...).

Here I found a page that might be useful for you! Now with Mieli, surely with the free market they will let things in more easily!

Has anyone ever purchased anything from Amazon.com in the USA and shipped to Argentina? I can't find a lot of stuff here even on Mercado Libre. Has your item actually made it here? Shipping prices are sky high but I am more interested on if it will actually make it here and what additional taxes it will be cost me?

Has anyone ever purchased anything from Amazon.com in the USA and shipped to Argentina? I can't find a lot of stuff here even on Mercado Libre. Has your item actually made it here? Shipping prices are sky high but I am more interested on if it will actually make it here and what additional taxes it will be cost me?
As far as I know, Amazon does not have any offices in Argentina. So at the time of arrival in Argentina you have to pick up the package at Correo Argentino.

As far as I know, Amazon does not have any offices in Argentina. So at the time of arrival in Argentina you have to pick up the package at Correo Argentino.
I would avoid Amazon for just this reason. Many things have a very high import tax. Even little trinkets of no value, Correo Argentina sometimes assigns it a higher value and the tax and shipping are very high.

On this page you can track your order by logging into Amazon. Surely there you will find all the information you are looking for!

No, you are confusing the posts. The OP was talking about sending something from the Netherlands not Amazon. People should start their own threads so issues aren't confused.

A better option is to use a site like Grabr. It works very good. Just copy and paste your Amazon.com link of the item you want. You can input how long you're willing to wait for the item. Then someone who is flying to Buenos Aires will soon make you an offer to purchase that item and bring it. You can accept if you're willing to pay what they are asking. They will just bring it and then meet up in a public place and give it to you. You can save a TON of money that way.

Another company that works the same way which I haven't used but a friend has is Tiendamia.

Back