Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Is there any fresh food delivery service or personal chef I can hire in Buenos Aires?

Spend Thrift

So this flaming hot Cheeto is eating too much food! I am dining out and eating too much steak, fries, pasta, pizza and everything else. My pants and shirts don't fit me anymore. I've only been here a wee shy of 6 weeks but I've gained a lot of weight. Back home in Seattle, I lived near a Whole Foods and ate healthy but here I find myself eating ice cream more too.

It doesn't help that food here is cheap so I'm ordering more appetizers and dessert with every meal. Plus, I may become an alcoholic as I started with a glass of wine each meal, then since it's so cheap I get a bottle reasoning that the same price for the bottle is the same as a glass in Seattle! The problem is I'm drinking the entire bottle of wine!

Back in Seattle they had some weekly chef meals you could get mailed to you. Does anyone know of any healthy meal service I can get here or maybe hire a personal chef? Salaries are low here so they must have people that will do this?

I asked my personal assistant but he is worthless on this matter!

So this flaming hot Cheeto is eating too much food! I am dining out and eating too much steak, fries, pasta, pizza and everything else. My pants and shirts don't fit me anymore. I've only been here a wee shy of 6 weeks but I've gained a lot of weight. Back home in Seattle, I lived near a Whole Foods and ate healthy but here I find myself eating ice cream more too.

It doesn't help that food here is cheap so I'm ordering more appetizers and dessert with every meal. Plus, I may become an alcoholic as I started with a glass of wine each meal, then since it's so cheap I get a bottle reasoning that the same price for the bottle is the same as a glass in Seattle! The problem is I'm drinking the entire bottle of wine!

Back in Seattle they had some weekly chef meals you could get mailed to you. Does anyone know of any healthy meal service I can get here or maybe hire a personal chef? Salaries are low here so they must have people that will do this?

I asked my personal assistant but he is worthless on this matter!
My daughter uses these types of services as she is trying to eat healthy after she had a baby. She and her husband are both busy professionals and don't have so much time to cook. They were eating out a lot but the food wasn't too healthy they didn't think. She got more into organic vegetables and she has lost a lot of weight with watching what she is eating.

florandoviandas

viandasnaturales

https://www.instagram.com/viandasnaturales/#

We've all been there brother!

This is the company my company uses for it's employees but keep in mind this is a fairly big company but you might want to reach out and ask them if they know of anyone for personal chefs. Sometimes these people have side businesses or friends.

And hang on there with the wine. When I first moved to Buenos Aires the same thing happened to me. A glass with each meal turned into a bottle each meal. Turned to another bottle at home before sleeping. I justified it as it is so cheap but I ended up going to AA.

Thank you so much @Vero and @Wally !

These look good and I'll ask my assistant to check them out. Any one have any personal chefs? I'm looking at something a bit more customized and higher end. These options look like "slumming it" a bit. What about a hot and handsome Latino chef that can cook! I'm willing to pay a bit more to maybe prepare in my house. I promise to keep my hands off him!

Thank you so much @Vero and @Wally !

These look good and I'll ask my assistant to check them out. Any one have any personal chefs? I'm looking at something a bit more customized and higher end. These options look like "slumming it" a bit. What about a hot and handsome Latino chef that can cook! I'm willing to pay a bit more to maybe prepare in my house. I promise to keep my hands off him!
@Spend Thrift! Hi there. You should send a DM to @Lucho. I was in Buenos Aires for my first trip a few weeks ago and Lucho did a private chef even for us. The food was so amazing! His friend is a private chef and cooked for us all night. It was delicious. I don't know if he just does asados but you should ask him.

I know how you feel! @earlyretirement took me out to eat in Buenos Aires 3 times a day. At home I rarely eat in restaurants and we spent 8 days eating out daily. Everywhere we went they knew him. So we got the royal treatment!

bro there's no way to avoid the bread and sugar here; it's like half of the diet :p

i started making my own salads, oil and vinegar only, but it's a lot of work

bro there's no way to avoid the bread and sugar here; it's like half of the diet :p

i started making my own salads, oil and vinegar only, but it's a lot of work
Yes, I agree. People say the food here is healthy but I disagree. The locals seem to LOVE sugar. It's in everything. Even in the morning they start their day eating sugary breads. They eat sugary snacks all throughout the day. Don't get me wrong. I am eating it but I never would have guessed they would eat so much sugar here.

The most surprising thing is I thought the coffee would be very good here as I heard most people are from Italy or Spain. The coffee there is very good but the coffee here is mostly bitter coffee with low quality beans.

Yes, I agree. People say the food here is healthy but I disagree. The locals seem to LOVE sugar. It's in everything. Even in the morning they start their day eating sugary breads. They eat sugary snacks all throughout the day. Don't get me wrong. I am eating it but I never would have guessed they would eat so much sugar here.

The most surprising thing is I thought the coffee would be very good here as I heard most people are from Italy or Spain. The coffee there is very good but the coffee here is mostly bitter coffee with low quality beans.
Wow, bad coffee? I also heard many of the locals are descendants from Italy. I would have thought the coffee would be very good there. Strange.

PS - I just saw this post about the bad coffee. I'm super surprised about this - https://www.expatsba.com/threads/does-anyone-else-notice-their-coffee-recently-not-tasting-good.152/

Back