Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Italpast, Puerto Madero

Miriam145

This place is excellent for a couple's anniversary or a family dinner... For any occasion, go! Incredible service, we ate lasagna de la nonna impeccable (that I always find the egg hair to the food). The ambiance super subdued, the decor elegant but with an original touch that makes it super fun. Thank you for this evening It completely exceeded our expectations and of course we will come back when we are in the great and beautiful city of Buenos Aires. Incredible experience of flavors, service, drinks! All a 10!!! The waiters and waitresses excellent attention!!! Attentive to everything and the dishes a one way trip !!!! I congratulate you for the great work that the team does!!! We will be back
1702387023143.png

This place is excellent for a couple's anniversary or a family dinner... For any occasion, go! Incredible service, we ate lasagna de la nonna impeccable (that I always find the egg hair to the food). The ambiance super subdued, the decor elegant but with an original touch that makes it super fun. Thank you for this evening It completely exceeded our expectations and of course we will come back when we are in the great and beautiful city of Buenos Aires. Incredible experience of flavors, service, drinks! All a 10!!! The waiters and waitresses excellent attention!!! Attentive to everything and the dishes a one way trip !!!! I congratulate you for the great work that the team does!!! We will be back
View attachment 639
I went to this place all the way out in the boonies. The original one. That pasta with the cheese is quite the presentation. The food was very good.

Many thanks !

Interesting history - these guys started out making pasta and selling retail . The first restaurant in Campana happened almost by accident.

They also have another restaurant in the grounds of the Sofitel Cardales, which we use fairly frequently

I also went to the original one outside of the city. Earlier this year my best friend, @Lucho drove out and we had an amazing meal with his girlfriend and her friend.

The food was incredible! We didn’t know about the one in Puerto Madero as this is a hike out here!

@GlasgowJohn thanks for letting us know about the Sofitel. I ate at the restaurant there many years ago but I heard it was getting renovated? Or is that just the hotel? The restaurant there off the lobby was very good!

We were at Italpast Cardales a few weeks back and enjoyed it, but some friends were there last week and said the food was cold which was strange ...

We will be back early next month to review again! We tend to miss out on our favorite places in December as there are too many social things elsewhere.

Yip, I second the comment on the main restaurant in the Sofitel but I think they only do buffet - we did Fathers day there this year and they gave all uis guys a nice bottle of wine as a gift!

Can anyone confirm if the Puerto Madero Italpast is in or next to the Hotel faena?

I went to
We were at Italpast Cardales a few weeks back and enjoyed it, but some friends were there last week and said the food was cold which was strange ...

We will be back early next month to review again! We tend to miss out on our favorite places in December as there are too many social things elsewhere.

Yip, I second the comment on the main restaurant in the Sofitel but I think they only do buffet - we did Fathers day there this year and they gave all uis guys a nice bottle of wine as a gift!

Can anyone confirm if the Puerto Madero Italpast is in or next to the Hotel faena?
@GlasgowJohn,

Yes, indeed it is in the Faena hotel. It is every bit as good as the Cardales location. In fact, it's much fancier and nicer. In fact, while I was there a few months ago we saw a man proposing marriage to his new fiance. It was very romantic and she looked very happy. It is definitely worth going to. I will try to post a review in this Food section.

Back