Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Bakis

I know this is a longshot, but does anyone know of a place in BA where you can buy American-style boxed macaroni and cheese (i.e. Annie's, Kraft)? My kids are really craving it!

Thanks!

Havent seen mac and cheese or anything imported, but there are some packets of dry pasta n sauce, not sure if it's by Knorr or another brand but seems to me there was a cheese one. Will check again next time I go to the supermarket.

Check the Knorr pasta with sauces, they go under a diff name but have the same flavor. I have been making some very good mac and cheese using Lucchetti´s coditos and Finlandia Cheddar Light ( similarflavorand texture to Velveeta )

Personally I've tried and hated the boxed brands of mac and cheese here (especially coming from a taste for Annie's). I'd try Nikad's suggestion for a more fakey version than a homemade with noodles and the finlandia "cheddar", but otherwise maybe make an order from Amazon or get a visitor to bring you a stash. I have never seen imported mac and cheese here. Best of luck.

I agree nothing quite like the Kraft's macaroni and cheese. Our kids loved it! In living in BA for 8 years I never came across it in the stores.

Once in a while when we went to Punta del Este we'd find it at the Tienda Inglese if you happen to be over there.

But mostly when I came back to the USA for business meetings, I'd just bring in tons of boxes with me. I'd fill up a large suitcase with food. Never did I have customs ever hassle me.

A few times they would ask why I was bringing so much food and I just told them my kids had a food allergy to some foods in BA and these were the products they could eat and they just let me through.

Back