Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Milei will present his book at Luna Park tomorrow....There will be surprises

It was very disrespectful. You can clearly see in that video that many people in attendance were NOT happy when people were being disrespectful to CFK.
Yes he said that not everyone was excited when that was occurring. But he said that Milei gave a great performance. He called him the 'Greatest Showman".

Milei explained that he's been working on that book since before he was elected. I think he's doing this show now because it actually is the right time. He continues to have the support of the people who voted for him and many of those who were on the fence now are more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. It makes sense that he would want to be seen as the rockstar president, because that image helps his cause.
Yeah he said he has been working on it for a long time. I am looking forward to buying and reading it. All my friends that voted for him say they made the right choice. Some say he is horrible but some that voted against him are on the fence now as you mentioned Sunny. The simple fact he hasn't lost % with all this austerity doesn't lie on where many people sit.

Yes he said that not everyone was excited when that was occurring. But he said that Milei gave a great performance. He called him the 'Greatest Showman".
That is a good way to put it. Normally I would say you can't be a good President and a showman at the same time but Milei is using this trait as an advantage. Look at what happened in Spain. That dispute quickly became one of the most trending topics in the world. Probably a good lesson for others not to tangle with him unless they want his army of supporters after them.

It is just shameful to me that with 300% inflation and record # starving and poverty everywhere that he can joke around like he was doing. People joking about CFK in jail and him laughing in. This isn't Presidential at all.

I had my doubts about Milei and still have some concerns but for the first time in a long time I don't think he is the type of politician that will steal from the people. His devotion for Argentina seems genuine. His anger at politicians stealing from Argentina comes across as genuine to me and not just for a show. He wants to fix Argentina and go down in the history books.

It is not just the wealthy or middle class or middle class that support him. Many of my friends that are struggling right now support him as they feel like it is their only hope. I will also buy his new book.

Also, for all of you anti-Milei posters like @Avocado and @Larry and some of you others. Do you hope you are right or do you honestly hope you are wrong about Milei and your interpretation of if you think he will ultimately do good for Argentina?

Milei explained that he's been working on that book since before he was elected. I think he's doing this show now because it actually is the right time. He continues to have the support of the people who voted for him and many of those who were on the fence now are more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. It makes sense that he would want to be seen as the rockstar president, because that image helps his cause.
Yes, he has been working on the book for 11 years.

It is NO surprise that there are already reports that Milei plagiarised many chapters of his book from a publication in Chile. Doesn't surprise me one bit. It also notes that he stole from a Conicet article which is ironic because he has wanted to shut that institution down (no hay plata). Can't you all see he is a fraud?

It is NO surprise that there are already reports that Milei plagiarised many chapters of his book from a publication in Chile. Doesn't surprise me one bit. It also notes that he stole from a Conicet article which is ironic because he has wanted to shut that institution down (no hay plata). Can't you all see he is a fraud?

What a disgusting guy. Worse yet is he plagiarised from authors of Conicet, which he wants to shut down.

What a disgusting guy. Worse yet is he plagiarised from authors of Conicet, which he wants to shut down.

This would be very embarrassing for him if this is true. I seem to recall there was some fake credentials from UBA as well in Spain release that he had to fix. Strange.

Watching the show did anyone else feel like the era and reign of CFK is finally over? I got that sense last night.

This post represents the dichotomy between two realities: The libertarians and The kircheneristas/peronistas.

Intellectual of Melei: I worked 12 hours and came to luna park, he who has no money is because he does not work.

Intellectual of CFK: if milei does not give us plans unfortunately we will have to go to work. (it seems like a joke but it's real).

He has been in power for 5 months. I am not totally convinced a book launch and a party are the right things to do at the moment.

Keep working and doing everything to get inflation down. Forget about the parties for now.
I feel the same as you @GlasgowJohn. This doesn't seem like the time for a party like this. Seems like people still love him or hate him. Reading some of the press is a bit cringeworthy to me.

Some scary quotes in this article that remind people just how bad things still are no matter if Milei is in ecstasy with himself.

This article really sums up what many people are starting to feel right now.

When I got in a taxi after Milei’s arena performance, its elderly driver, José, asked if I had been inside.
“Is now really the right time for a show?” he grumbled. “He wants to be famous around the world, but his feet aren’t touching the ground.”

Milei is in la la land and traveling all over the world and is a rock star in his own mind. Argentina has real issues and many problems are around the corner if electricity and heat and gas experience issues. He is spending as much time outside of Argentina than inside.

https://archive.is/spKeA#selection-2337.0-2341.138
Financial Times Article - At the Milei Show, Pressure is building Backstage.

Back